Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
2000 Second Street, Coronado, San Diego, 921184-Star Hotel | $$$$ | Great Location | Stunning Pool | Parking $+1 435-3000
The hotel itself provides luxury accommodations like a fitness room, beauty center, and a view that is unlike any other in San Diego. The rest of the city is just a car ride away.
Tags: beachfront, family-friendly, great views, pool service
What Are The Best Places To Stay In San Diego On The Beach
If you are looking for sheer luxury, you wont find any better beachfront hotels than the historic Hotel del Coronado and its sister property, Beach Village at The Del, both on Coronado Island. If you are looking for less expensive properties with a lot to do, check out Cape Rey Carlsbad, Beach Terrace Inn, La Jolla Shores Hotel, or the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa.
Why This Lodge Listing Is Completely Different
Not like different on-line lists and opinions of San Diego seashore lodges and resorts, this one relies on:
- My private expertise.
- Suggestions from shoppers and readers.
- Perception from VIP contacts that Ive at most of those properties that I work with instantly .
I dwell in San Diego, however Ive additionally lived in a luxurious resort so I do know what a great keep ought to be like.
You May Like: Where Is The Best Area To Stay In Costa Rica
Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip: 8 Places To Stay Along The Way
The first time I followed the squiggly, salt-sprayed curves of Californias Pacific Coast Highway, or Highway 1, I was squeezed in a car with two friends and a mountain of luggage. The lack of space didnt bother us, though. We were, all three, entranced by every bend in the ribbon-like road, every moment the bluffs dropped back to reveal craggily framed pockets of misty, cornflower blue ocean and endless stretches of creamy sand.
We sipped Pinot Noir and Syrah in the wineries around Santa Barbara, walked around an eerily quiet theme park in Santa Cruz, and discovered a still-burning love for San Franciscos steep streets, seafood, and sometimes surreal character.
Ive retraced those tracks several times sinceâsometimes portions of the route, sometimes the entire length from San Diego up to Californias rugged northern coast. Its the quintessential California road trip, one to take with the roof down, shades on and a warm breeze ruffling your hair. Perhaps one reason it never gets old is that it knows how to roll with the times.
This is most evident in its hotels, from enduring classics to newer resorts that blend beautifully with the landscape, fully exploiting those glorious views. Plan your own Pacific Coast Highway road trip and check out these eight hotels off Highway 1 along the way.
Paradise Level Resort And Spa
Word: This property will develop into a Margaritaville resort. The date continues to be to be decided.
Neighborhood: Mission BaySeaside: Mission Bay Seaside Lodge Class: Average
Why Go: Youd like a secluded, informal tropical resort expertise thats nice for every type of vacationers, particularly these with households, with an interesting historical past. You additionally dont thoughts a bay seashore versus an ocean seashore .
Paradise Level Resort and Spa is a 462-room bungalow-style resort set on Mission Bay established in 1962 by well-known Hollywood Director Jack Skirball. The 44-acre resort appears like a tropical island and has over one mile of seashore encircling the resort, 5 swimming swimming pools, tranquil lagoons along with lush tropical gardens.
- 9-wicket croquet course and ping-pong desk
- Seaside cruisers, quadracycle surreys, and longboard skateboard leases
- Award-winning, island-themed spa with children therapies
- Pet-friendly to fifteen lbs or much less
- Island Journey Membership, a supervised weekend night children membership for ages 4 and older
Good to Know: The resort is sort of massive, so there generally is a respectable quantity of strolling although golf cart rides can be found. Youll have to drive quarter-hour or so to the ocean seashore in Mission Seaside as its not walkable from right here. Its potential to stroll to the entrance entrance of SeaWorld San Diego in about quarter-hour.
Don’t Miss: Places To Stay In Clearwater On The Beach
Best Budget: Surfer Beach Hotel
Courtesy of Surfer Beach Hotel
If youd prefer to stay on the beachbut at half the cost of other hotels in the arealook no further than the Surfer Beach Hotel. This budget-friendly stay is located right on the boardwalk, and its lauded as San Diego’s premier affordable option when it comes to beachfront lodging. Casual and comfy, Surfer Beach has plenty of amenities, from a heated outdoor pool to conveniences like laundry service and on-site parking.
Standard rooms are simple, sparkling clean, and perfectly cushy, but guests can also opt to stay in one of several oceanfront suites which feature private balconies. In addition to the sand, Surfer Beach is close to a smattering of local attractions and restaurants, including Amplified Ale House Kitchen and Beer Garden, Woodys Breakfast & Burgers, and Belmont Park, a historic amusement park in Mission Beach.
Cape Rey Carlsbad A Hilton Lodge
Neighborhood: CarlsbadSeaside: South Carlsbad State SeasideLodge Class: Average
Why Go: This isnt your common Hilton property. Cape Rey Carlsbad has an upbeat vibe catered to those that are adventurous at coronary heart. Its wildly in style with households as a result of its location throughout the road from the seashore, pleasant workers, and an extended record of actions. The resort has a contemporary, California Craftsman model design to play off of its oceanfront location .
- Well-known South Ponto surf break is throughout the road
- A seashore pack out there for buy with an umbrella, two chairs, two towels, and bottled water.
- Seasonal seashore butler service
- Surf excursions out there for reserving by way of the onsite Director of Journey
- Complimentary shuttle inside a 10-mile radius
- Complimentary morning espresso and tea within the foyer
- Health heart
Good to Know: Connecting rooms can be found by request and never assured. Its throughout the road from the seashore.
Awards: TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence, AAA 4 Diamond Award
Don’t Miss: Best Hotels To Stay In Lucerne Switzerland
Best Overall: Pacific Terrace Hotel
Courtesy of Pacific Terrace Hotel
Nestled at the north end of San Diego’s shimmering Pacific coast, the peaceful, blufftop Pacific Terrace Hotel is tucked away from the rest of the bustling coastline . The views are expansive and the vibes are mellow. This is laid-back, beach-centric lodging at its finest. Guests at the Pacific Terrace can indulge in a seaside massage, rent bikes to ride along the Pacific Beach Boardwalk, swim in the glass-walled pool, or stroll along the strip of sand thats just a few feet outside your front door.
The daily resort fee includes an array of amenities and services, including free Wi-Fi, discounted attraction tickets, rental of beach chairs and boogie boards. There are also discount coupons for spa treatments, drinks, and souvenirs from the gift shop. Guestrooms are spacious and gorgeously decorated with gleaming wood furniture, plush fabrics, and beachy wall hangings all rooms have a private patio or balcony, flat-screen TV, fridge, bathrobes, and Tommy Bahama bath products.
Best Apartment Rental In North Park: Balboa Park Tropical Hideaway
Located in the heart of an upscale neighborhood this 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom casita has a living room, kitchenette with new microwave, coffee maker, sink, induction cooktop and a compact refrigerator. There is a large patio/deck with a new Viking grill, freezer, outdoor heater, and outdoor table, lounge chairs, and 3 market umbrellas.
- Getting There
- From the I-805: Exit University Avenue. Turn left onto University Avenue. From the I-5: Exit Pershing Drive and continue onto Upas Street. Parking available in a garage on 29th Street.
- Bus #2 stops all throughout 30th Street. Check the bus in real time on the SDMTS website.
- Taxis are common throughout Downtown San Diego and can be called in advance or hailed from the road.
You May Like: Places To Stay In Orlando Fl
Bahia Resort Hotel Mission Bay
Looking for a family-friendly hotel near Sea World? The Bahia Resort Hotel is a Mediterranean-themed spot, and it was actually Mission Bays first hotel. Belmont Park and local dining and nightlife are nearby, and amenities include all the comforts of home plus complimentary beach cabanas, a heated swimming pool and The Catamaran Spa. You can even the Bahia Belle Stearnwheeler boat, which takes guests on family hour and cocktail cruises.
Hotels Near Me: Pacific Terrace Hotel
The Pacific Terrace Hotel is a four-diamond luxury hotel situated in the popular coastal neighborhood of Pacific Beach. This family-friendly Caribbean-inspired hotel is located right on the seaside boardwalk and overlooks the Pacific Ocean, offering a collection of guestrooms and suites with upscale amenities. With a décor that includes light-colored travertine floors, soft floral seating trimmed in dark wood, plantations shutters, tropical plants, and palms, guests will feel more like they are in the Caribbean than this eclectic surf town. Hotel amenities are equally impressive with unlimited use of beach chairs, bikes, umbrellas, and boogieboards as well as an ocean-facing heated outdoor pool and spa and a fitness center.
610 Diamond Street, San Diego, CA, Phone: 858-581-3500
Places to eat near me, free points of interest, lakes near me, waterfalls, weekend getaways near me, 3-day foodie places to visit in September, October, November, December, RV, prettiest places, lodging, campground, hangout, where is, spas, holiday, museum, hiking near me, canoeing, hotels close to me, sushi, hikes, scenic spots: Indoor amusement parks, Mendocino
You May Like: Most Romantic Places To Stay In Paris
Things To See And Do In Old Town
Visit the Junipero Serra Museum to see exhibits and displays on the life in Old Town.
Wander throughout San Diego Historic Park.
See the San Diego Courthouse, which dates back to the early-19th-century.
Catch an American football game at Qualcomm Stadium.
Watch a live performance at the Theatre in Old Town.
Enjoy incredible Mexican fare at Casa De Reyes.
Pack a picnic and enjoy a relaxing day in Presidio Park.
Visit the Whaley House Museum, which is rumoured to be the most haunted house in America.
Best Beach Hotels In San Diego
San Diego is likely one of the greatest locations on the planet for a seashore trip. San Diego lodges on the seashore let you run forwards and backwards to the sand rapidly. This may considerably improve a keep, regardless of how previous youre.
The lodges and resorts Ive reviewed on this record are chosen due to their simple seashore entry, nice facilities, and the wide selection of issues to do inside strolling distance. Additionally they present main conveniences no have to battle with seashore parking for starters. Its simple to spend a whole trip in one in every of these spots with out hopping right into a automobile.
You are watching: best beach hotels in san diego
Don’t Miss: Affordable Places To Stay In Nashville Tn
A Complete Guide Of Where To Stay In San Diego
From waterside, to city center, to theme park convenient, it can be hard to choose where to stay. Here’s a look at some of the best San Diego family lodging options.
On the Water
As the Frog Family, were naturally drawn to water. If we have the chance to stay near the beach or the bay, we always take it. Mission Bay is a popular destination for families. It offers plenty of water sports and outdoor activities and a number of resorts. Its also just a hop, skip and a jump from neighboring SeaWorld San Diego. The San Diego Mission Bay Resort offers all of the fun of being on the water. Rent watercraft or bikes to explore the bay. Make s’mores at night. That’s what we’re talking about!
Nearby Ocean Beach is a great spot to visit. It has a beachfront amusement park, tide pools to explore, a pier and paved pathways for bike rides and walks along the beach. The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina is located in the marina near Sea World and offers three heated pools and multiple waterslides. It’s about a 15-minute walk to Mission beach. It’s a good option for families of four or fewer members.
Guests will find plenty of accommodations along the coast to suit every budget. There are pricier options in La Jolla and Coronado. These are two of the most spectacular areas near San Diego. You just might find that paying a little more for these locations is worth it.
Where to Stay in San Diego Near the Major Attractions
Where To Stay In Coronado
- Hotel del Coronado Quite possibly the coolest hotel in San Diego, Hotel del Coronado is set in a beautiful Victorian building that dates all the way back to 1888. The rooms here, however, are modern and minimalist, with color pops and design-led furnishings. In terms of amenities, there are seven restaurants and bars including a seafood restaurant and a pizzeria as well as two outdoor pools and a spa complete with its own infinity pool. If all that wasnt enough, this historic 5-star offering is practically on Coronado Beach itself, which is all the better.
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort Set across the water from the main skyline of San Diego, this Marriott hotel boasts some stunning views of the city from its island location. Situated just a ten-minute stroll from the ferry landing, getting into the heart of the city is easily done from this 4-star hotel. Guests can enjoy high-end rooms before heading down to sample one of the three outdoor pools. Dinner outside at the on-site restaurant, underneath the palms with a sea breeze, is divine.
Recommended Reading: Best Beach To Stay In Miami
Inn By The Sea At La Jolla
7830 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, San Diego, 920373-Star Inn| $$ | Delicious Food | Pool | Accessible | Parking $+1 459-4461
Its pretty rare to find something like this in La Jolla. This hotel is humble as it caters to its many guests. While it is understated, it doesnt hold back when it comes to the comfort of their guests. They will guarantee a great trip with access to San Diego attraction tickets and even discounts depending on your situation. And, of course, the pool is open for your enjoyment, its even heated.
Tags: family-friendly, great location, excellent service, business traveler, cheap but clean, great value
Do Any Of These Hotels Offer Bikes And Or Beach Equipment For Guest Use
Yes, many of the San Diego hotels on the beach offer bike rentals , such as the Catamaran Hotel Resort and Spa, Blue Sea Beach Hotel, and Tower23 Hotel. Pacific Terrace Hotel, Beach Terrace Inn, and the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club, among others, offer complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels for guests.
Read Also: Where To Stay In Kansas
Where To Stay In La Jolla
- Pantai Inn Boasting beautiful Bali-inspired boutique rooms, as well as free continental breakfast, BBQ facilities, and even complimentary parking , the 5-star Pantai Inn is the place to stay if you want to be near to everything this area has to offer. Take a leisurely stroll to La Jolla Cove, enjoy views of the ocean from your room, or simply stroll around the surrounding streets trying the various eateries, cafes, and bars that can be found here.
- Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Backed by a sprawling golf course the famous Torrey Pines, no less this branch of the Hilton comes with views of the Pacific Ocean. The rooms here are clean, spacious, and contemporary, and offer balconies and patios, too. If youre not a golf fan, dont worry Blacks Beach and hiking at the La Jolla Trail are just a mile or so away. On your return, choose from multiple eateries and bars to unwind in.
- Inn by the Sea Enjoy laid-back, unfussy rooms at Inn by the Sea, each of which comes with a balcony, cable TV, and coffeemaker. Theres a heated outdoor pool for guests to swim around in at this 3-star offering, as well as a complimentary continental breakfast served each day, making this a great option for those traveling on a budget. If you feel like something cultural, this hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art. Plus, all the eateries, bars and most importantly the coastline of this area is just on the doorstep.
La Jolla: A Slice Of Heaven
If you continue north along the coast above Pacific Beach, youll arrive at La Jolla, the jewel of the sea, an elegant neighborhood that is ideal for those who want to shop, browse galleries or trendy boutiques, dine at fine restaurants by the sea, and swim at La Jolla Cove, another stunning beach in California. This is where you could find accommodations:
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa: nestled in lush greenery in a quiet and peaceful area, among fountains and paths lined with flowers, you will find the delightful hotel Estancia La Jolla, a wonderful oasis near the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. The attention to detail in the common areas and rooms, the choice of materials, and the design are worthy of a high-class hotel. There is a spa and a swimming pool.
- Inn by the Sea: this place offers good quality at a good price. It is located very close to La Jollas main coastal attractions, such as the rocks where seals rest in Jolla Cove, the Childrens Pool, and the Tide Pools. The Inn by the Sea also has a swimming pool.
Find accommodations in La Jolla
Read Also: Top Places To Stay In Honolulu