Where To Stay In Edinburgh: Best Areas And Neighborhoods
The charming and vibrant metropolis of Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland. Within this active urban center, the medieval Old Town in contrast to the stylish Georgian Newtown offers a fascinating mixture of historic and modern gardens along with medieval, neoclassical and contemporary architecture as examples of the many neighborhoods in Edinburgh.
Impressive Edinburgh Castle overlooks the city from its steep hillside site, where visitors can view Scotlands crown jewels as well as the Stone of Destiny, which was used in the coronation ceremonies of all the rulers of Scotland, and later, of all the British monarchs.
The majestic hills peak called Arthurs Seat in Holyrood Park offers breathtaking scenic views during an enchanting stay in Edinburgh, and nearby Calton Hill has many interesting memorials and monuments.
The city has a population of approximately 489,000 residents, and there are many friendly, attractive areas, making it easy to choose where to stay in Edinburgh.
The Royal Mile is in the central part of this historic city. Everywhere visitors turn their gaze in this area, there is another attractive or intriguing site to explore. Within this Scots Mile, along with Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyrood House, the Queen of Englands official residence in Scotland, you will find the Scottish Parliament.
Where To Stay In Nice: 10 Best Areas To Stay In Nice
Finance is something that often becomes the prime reason for selecting the best location to stay in Nice France. Cost can take some places out of the equation. However, that does not prohibit anyone from enjoying Nices famous attractions. The Old Town in this French city is worth looking at but so are several other neighborhoods.
The 10 Best Neighborhoods In Paris For First
With only one exception, all of our recommended Paris neighborhoods are located in the city’s central core – the single-digit arrondissements within close walking distance of most famous attractions and iconic experiences such as a cruise down the Seine River.
Only Montmartre is further out, but the metro makes getting around fast and easy.
Read Also: Places To Stay In Houghton Mi
Where To Stay Near Les Halles
- Maison Albar Hotels le Pont Neuf – 5-star hotel with a calm contemporary vibe, indoor swimming pool, fitness area, and spa
- The Hoxton – Luxurious 172-room hotel with super-comfy beds, high ceilings, and gorgeous windows in an elegant 18th century mansion
- – With 285 guestrooms, this 4-star hotel delivers the signature comfort of the Novotel brand in a wonderful location next to the glitzy Forum des Halles shopping mall
- Hotel Bachaumont – Wonderful location near Rue Montorgueil market street, Les Halles, gourmet cookware shops
- Hotel Crayon – This chic wallet-friendly 3-star hotel offers creative color-infused guestrooms and a fun ambiance in a terrific location
- Hotel Le Relais des Halles – 19-room 3-star boutique hotel offering chic Parisian decor and excellent value in a 17th century building near the Louvre, Les Halles, and the Marais neighborhood
Promenade Des Anglais Where To Stay In Nice For Beach Hotels
If you are looking for a place to relax near the beaches with sea views accommodation, look o further than Promenade des Anglais . It was built by upper-class English tourists in the 19th century.
Promenade des Anglais is a 7 kilometers long iconic seafront, stretching from the citys airport in the west to the Quai des États-Unis on the east. Its naming came about because of its popularity with 18th Century English aristocracy who wanted a better winter climate.
The promenade itself was paid for by members of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in 1820 when there had been an influx of beggars into Nice in an especially bad winter. At the time, Nice was under the patronage of the Counts of Savoy and did not become a part of France until 1860, the year the locals gave it its current name.
The promenade is lined with beautiful landmarks like Hôtel Negresco, the art-deco Palais de la Méditerranée, and Niçoise sculptor Sabine Géraudies giant iron sculpture La Chaise de SAB.
It is popular with walkers, especially families on Sundays, as well as cyclists and skateboarders. On one side you have lovely architecture, grand homes that are now big hotels, luxury apartment blocks, casinos, and fabulous restaurants. On the other side is the Mediterranean.
Stay in Promenade des Anglais if You want great sea views, Staying in one of the most famous promenades in France interests you, Local amenities are important to you.
Best places to stay in Promenade des Anglais:
Also Check: Best Area In Mykonos To Stay
Best Neighborhood For Families: Brookline
Brookline is a big town, but part of it abuts Boston, and that area has a quiet, small-town feel. Its not overly touristy, mostly a residential area with quiet streets and brick apartment buildings. Walk around and visit the many small shops and cafés, or grab lunch at one of the many amazing restaurants . Theres a T line that runs through the area, so its easy to get downtown!
Best Places to Stay in Brookline
- BUDGET: Coolidge Corner Guest House This little place is a gem! Its in a quiet neighborhood, its comfortable, and the owners are friendly. The rooms have very traditional décor, and they are all different. It includes free breakfast too.
- MID-RANGE: Longwood Inn This 19th-century Victorian inn is cozy, charming, and conveniently located. You feel like youre in an old-school B& B with comfy, old-style furniture and bedding. The staff are both incredibly professional and friendly.
- LUXURY: Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline All the rooms at the Courtyard come with a work desk, a nice seating area complete with a sofa, and a coffee maker. The fitness center has cardio machines and free weights.
Boston is one of my favorite cities in the country. Not only does it have picturesque neighborhoods and top-notch dining and bars but it is steeped in history.
Book Your Trip to Boston: Logistical Tips and Tricks
Where To Stay In Portland: Central Eastside
Great area for: Coffee Culture Dining and Nightlife Local Living
Places to Check Out in Central Eastside
Coava Coffee, Good Coffee, Water Avenue Coffee, Olympia Provisions, Associated, Sizzle Pie, Trifecta, Screen Door, Le Pigeon, Ox, Century Bar, Noble Rot, Doug Fir Lounge, Montage
I call the Central Eastside home, and find my love for coffee flourishes here. The heart of Portlands coffee culture is here in the Central Eastside, and the neighborhood is pretty well rounded when it comes to Portland daily life and great spots.
Coava Roasters has a beautiful industrial space where minimalist design and simplistic options are key. Grabbing a coffee and taking a walk down the Eastbank Esplanade is a very charming way to spend your morning. Water Avenue Coffee and Kure Juice Bar are along the waterfront neighborhood as well, and are local favorites.
This is also the best neighborhood for a Portland nice night out. Portlanders keep it pretty casual as a rule, but this is where youre going to find date night restaurants such as Oympic Provisions, Le Pigeon, and Ox. If a metal pizza bar is more your style, Sizzle Pie is the best place to grab an iconic Portland pizza.
Check Availability & Prices on
Check Availability & Prices on
You May Like: Winthrop Wa Activities
Bonus : Other Must See Places In Tenerife
Ive already mentioned the 6 best areas for where to stay in Tenerife and some things to know before you arrive. However, if you are looking for more info, I am happy to give you recommendations on some lesser-known places!
Here are some of my top picks that are sure to make your Tenerife holiday special:
Santa Cruz de TenerifeSanta Cruz de Tenerife is the biggest city on the island and joint capital of the whole Canary Islands. Located in the northern part of the island and 20 minutes drive from Tenerife North Airport, the easiest way to reach Santa Cruz de Tenerife is by renting a car.
Having been surrounded by Parque Rural De Anaga mountains, the city offers spectacular views. There are also many museums, art galleries, and churches to explore in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. With a 10 minutes drive, you can reach beautiful quiet beaches Las Teresitas and La Laguna. Santa Cruz Tenerife definitely is worth a day trip!
La LagunaLa Laguna is the old capital of Tenerife and a 10 minutes drive from Santa Cruz . You can also take local buses to reach La Laguna. It is a beautiful historical old town worth a day trip. With its cute colorful buildings, La laguna is a very photogenic city and also well preserved by UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This old Spanish colonial city resembles Havana Old Town in Cuba. In La Laguna, there are many museums and churches to visit so grab your camera and enjoy discovering the adorable streets of La Laguna!
Best Airbnb In Nice: Cosy & Comfortable One Bedroom
This one bedroom is at the bottom of the Castle Hill and a few steps away from Cours Saleya, famous for its flower market. Enjoy delicious ice creams from the nearby place, Rossetti. Before dinner, have a cocktail while admiring the sunset on the sea side. You will be close to the beaches, museums, the Castle Hill, Place Masséna and Avenue Jean Médecin, with its department stores and shopping malls.
Also Check: Chewuch Inn Winthrop Wa
Mashpi Lodge Mashpi Ecuador
Though closer to Quito than to the Amazon rainforest, Mashpi Lodge is still surrounded by dense jungle, where guests can watch for more than 400 species of birds, trees, frogs, and other wildlife. Ride the hotels Dragonfly Canopy Gondola or hike to rushing waterfalls and rivers return to unwind in rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that put the rain forest on full display.
Best Apartments In Zurich Switzerland
There are alternative accommodation options in Zurich if you dont like staying in hotels, dont worry! If you are coming with a family, coming for business and need your own space or plan on staying for a week or longer, then perhaps staying in a Zurich apartment would be a great option for you! Plus, apartments are a great option for travelers looking for budget places where to stay in Zurich, as the rates for them are definitely lower compared to the hotels!
Here are my best handpicked options for you, both on Booking and on Airbnb, so you can have a choice:
You May Like: Vacation Rentals Houghton Mi
Garibaldi A Great Location With Easy Access Other Places In Nice
Garibaldi Square is an important part of Nices road network and one of the oldest in the city. Antonio Spinelli designed the square that is not fully pedestrianized. Indeed, there is a tramline running through it and Boulevard Jean Jaures, Avenue de la République, Rue Cassini and Rue Catherine Segurane running off it.
It means it is an ideal location for those wanting easy access to other parts of Nice. For example, Le Vieux Nice and Le Port are within walking distance so you dont actually need the tram or bus.
Beautiful baroque buildings line the square that gets its name because of the statue of Garibaldi. You will find the Cafe de Turin, the Chapel of the Holy Sepulcher, the National Theatre, the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, and the Muséum dHistoire naturelle de Nice.
Giuseppe Garibaldi was an Italian soldier and the architecture has a real Italian feel. The Square is busy but it is worth sitting back with a drink just to watch the daily activity. You will hear street music and large TV screens in lively bars showing live sport regularly.
Head to the Museum of Modern Art and go to its rooftop terrace if you want 360-degree views of the whole area.
Stay in Garibaldi if You want a convenient base in Nice and are not concerned with crowds, Watching the world go by appeals to you, You dont need to be on the beach.
Best places to stay in Garibaldi:
Best Airbnb In Venice: Canal View San Marco
This cosy home is ideal for 1- 2 couples wanting to have an adventurous, romantic time in the city of Venice. Just 10 minutes of walking, and youve hit the Piazza San Marco, Ponte di Rialto, and Palazzo Ducale. The place is away from the crowds to give you a peaceful experience. The apartment is set right on the canal and you can watch gondolas pass by all day.
Also Check: Resorts In Oahu For Families
Best Hostel In Nice: Hostel Meyerbeer Beach
For social travelers and backpackers on a budget, there is no better place to stay than Hostel Meyerbeer Beach. Located at the center of the city, it is close to the beach, public transit, restaurants, and clubs.
Offering shared and private accommodations, this hostel has hot showers, free linens, and unlimited wifi.
Where To Stay In Opra/grands Magasins
- InterContinental Paris Le Grand – Spectacular historic 5-star hotel with 470 guestrooms 1 block from Palais Garnier the outdoor terrace of onsite Cafe de la Paix is an ideal people-watching spot
- Fauchon l’Hôtel Paris – Fashion, style, and fabulous food by famed gourmet French food purveyor Fauchon converge in this small 5-star luxury boutique hotel in a superb location near the Paris Opera House, Champs Élysées, and some of the best shopping streets in Paris
- Hotel Edouard VII – Elegant 4-star boutique hotel with 69 guestrooms – request one with a balcony for superb views of Palais Garnier, about a 3-minute walk away
- Hotel Banke Opera Autograph Collection – Use your Marriott points at this classy 5-star hotel located in an early 20th century bank building with a glass dome ceiling, Roman-style mosaic floors, and an exclusive art collection
- Le Basile Hotel – Very highly rated 27-room boutique 3-star hotel with air conditioning between Opera Garnier and Madeleine Church – fills up fast so don’t wait to book
- Best Western Plus Hotel Sydney Opéra – Lovely 3-star boutique hotel with 36 guest rooms and air conditioning near Galerie Lafayette and Au Printemps – great value for the money so book fast
You May Like: Cheap Hotels Bradenton Fl
Recommended Restaurants In Old Centrum:
- Moeders Great stampot.
- Café-Restaurant de Plantage Located inside a 19th-century glass conservatory.
Family Friendliness: Close to most things, so recommendable, but remember that some area like De Wallen or Nieuwmarkt might not be appropriate. Might be noisier than elsewhere at nights, especially close to Nieuwmarkt.
Personal experience: I enjoy hanging out in the area, but theres a reason why I never lived there. If you want to be conveniently located close to major attractions stay there, but youll see more tourists than locals enjoying themselves.
Recommended Accommodation in Amsterdam Centrum:
Where To Stay In Nice
- ·10 March, 2022
- ·Samantha – Travelling King
Travelers looking for an escape to the Mediterranean who still want urban amenities and attractions might choose Nice over nearby Cannes, St Tropez or Monaco. Nice is the fifth-largest city in France and he capital of the French Riviera, therefore drawing tourists in for more than just pretty beaches.
When you come to Nice, there many places to stay. Downtown Nice is fairly compact, and very walk able, so no matter where you stay, you wont have trouble reaching other neighborhoods and attractions of Nice. Weve rounded up some of the best areas to choose from when deciding where to stay in Nice.
We will cover off all types of Nice accommodation options from Hostels to luxury Nice hotels as well as how to decide where to stay in Nice France, the best Nice hotels, best places in Nice to visit, the best places to stay in Nice, hotels near Nice attractions, Nice neighborhood guide and many more.
Don’t Miss: Cheap Hotels Near Bradenton Fl
What Not To Miss
- The Promenade des Anglais – named in deference to these trailblazing holiday-makers. The charming area around it is one of the best places to people watch, as well as a great place for a spot of shopping or a leisurely lunch – Nice boasts some of the finest restaurants in France.
- Shopping and food are one of Nice’s great combinations, there’s plenty of market food and local produce to sample. The Cours Saleya market and the Marche aux Fleurs are the most famous.
- If art is your thing then there’s a number of museums to visit. The Chagall Museum has the world’s largest Chagall collection, for example and Nice also has a Picasso and Matisse museum, and the museums of Fine Art and Modern Art.
Nice is also the kind of city where there’s always something going on. And the nightlife is lively. So it’s a great choice for sunny city break.
The Hotel Guru’s selection of the best places to stay in Nice varies from small B& Bs to inexpensive hotels in the centre of town. Use our guide and start planning your break!
Best Hostel In Le Port: Open House Hostel
One of the nicest hotels in Nice. Open House Hostel is the closest hostel to the lively and fun Le Port neighbourhood. Located in Jean-Médecin, it is a short walk from the main city square, beach, and Nices top pubs, bars and clubs.
This hostel has free linens, a large kitchen, and never-ending hot showers.
Read Also: Cheap Hotels In Bradenton Florida
Le Port Where To Stay In Nice On A Budget
Less popular with tourists, Le Port is nevertheless a great place to stay in Nice. Not far from Old Town, Le Port has many great bars and restaurants to enjoy. Of course, the port is where yachts dock when visiting Nice, so there are many high end restaurants and hotels catering to the boating crowd.
This glamour hasnt erased all of the historical charm of Le Port, which is still evident in the neighborhood museums and architecture. If you fancy an up-and-coming area not far from the city center, then Le Port is a great place to stay in Nice.