Where To Stay In Eze
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, or simply Moustiers, is classified among the most beautiful villages of France since 1981. The village in Provence is famous for having preserved some of its ancestral know-how whose earthenware or faïence. The star suspended above the village is the symbol of this place steeped in history, where legends are numerous, while time seems to be suspended there. During your visit, do not miss the beautiful lake of Sainte-Croix with its stunning turquoise waters and the Verdon Natural Regional Park.
Top Tips For Finding Avignon Hotel Deals
- If youre looking for a cheap hotel in Avignon, you should consider visiting during the low season. You’ll find cheaper accommodations in Avignon in December and March.
- Hotel room prices vary depending on many factors but youll most likely find the best hotel deals in Avignon if you stay on a Wednesday. The opposite is true for, Saturday, which is usually the most expensive day.
- Book more than 90 days before your stay begins to get the best price for your Avignon accommodation.
- The cheapest 3-star hotel room in Avignon found on KAYAK in the last 2 weeks was $43, while the most expensive was $160.
- How long should you stay? KAYAK users usually book their accommodation in Avignon for 0 days.
What Not To Miss:
- If you’re within reach of Avignon, you cannot miss the Palais des Papes and the Pont d’Avignon
- A trip to St Remy de Provence – you’ll discover some fascinating Roman ruins.
- Go for a hike in the Gorges du Verdon , a stunning canyon with amazing bright green waters running through.
- Visit the flea market in Isle sur La Sorgue – it is very well known for the great antiques you can pick up.
- If you’re staying close to Arles and the south of region, you have to visit the Camargue, a weird landscape of wetlands and salt flats, brimming with wildlife, and the like of which you’ll see nowhere else in France!
Today’s Provence is a fantastic place for foodies, wine lovers, walkers, cyclists . The best places to stay in Provence are ideal for those who like to mosey around a market, take long lunches and just stroll through beautiful medieval streets enjoying the amazing views.
Read Also: Best Hotel To Stay In Times Square
Best Boutique / Designer Hotels In Avignon
Discover & book your perfect Avignon hotel
There is a vast choice of hotel accommodation in Provence to suit all budgets and tastes. Find loads of top tips and local insights in our Provence Hotel Guide.
SeeProvence.com is a SeeTheWorld destination
Unless otherwise specified, prices shown are a guide only and, for your convenience, may have had calculations applied to them to give approximate comparisons and estimates, with regards to other similar prices listed, and/or currency rates which may fluctuate. There is no guarantee that prices are updated constantly, in real-time, nor that any offers shown are still available. Prices shown may only be available as part of a booking of a particular duration or offer, and may have restrictions or qualifying requirements and/or dates. Prices can only be confirmed at time of booking with the end supplier, including any extras, deposits, fees, taxes, surcharges, and/or miscellaneous or others charges.
Fontaine De Vaucluse & Lisle
Fontaine-de-Vaucluse is a village at end of a closed valley, hemmed in by soaring precipices on three sides. It gets its name from the source of the river Sorgue, which flows into the Rhône at Avignon.
Its a very enticing location. The water of the river is so crystal-clear, you can make out every detail in the river bed. The river is lined with cafes and restaurants, which get especially busy in summer, when the mountains give some shade and welcome respite from the heat.
The best thing to do in Fontaine is to follow the riverside footpath from the village to the source of the river. Its a 20-30 minute walk, and at the end of the walk you can look down onto the source, a bubbling torrent emerging from under the ground.
Ive passed through LIsle-sur-la-Sorgue several times on my travels around Provence without ever stopping there. Its a very picturesque Provençal town with the river and canals flowing into it. Its best known for its many antique dealers and its Sunday market, the biggest in the Luberon area. There also some art galleries to browse and enchanting cafes around the town.
Theres not much to see related to him, but LIsle-sur-la-Sorgue was home to the great French photographer and photojournalist Henri Cartier-Bresson, who died there in 2004.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Stay In Rehab
Best Things To Do In Avignon
In the 14th century Avignon was the most important city in Europe: It was the seat of the Catholic church, represented in spectacular style by the Palais des Papes, the largest gothic building in the world.
This period furnished Avignon with a glorious cityscape of gothic and renaissance buildings that today are protected as a UNESCO site. The Pont Saint-Bénézet for example has a special place in French culture, while theres also an assortment of art and history museums that will keep inquiring minds enthralled for days.
Lets explore the best things to do in Avignon:
Valbonne Cote D`azur Villa Rentals Property With Pool
Villa La Lavande is a lovely French villa with pool situated on a hillside with views down to the sea. The villa is laid out over two floors and comes with four bedrooms and four bathrooms / shower rooms. There is a 1,780m2 garden, with twenty seven 300 year old olive trees! The stone floors throughout help keep the villa cool and welcoming. The master and first guest room have sea views. There are five separate terrace areas and a huge 48 square metre auto covered terrace and outside eating area overlooking the pool and the sea view.
Prices from 4,979.65 per week
Read Also: Unique Places To Stay In Nyc
Day : Fontaine De Vaucluse + Abbaye Notre
Fontaine de Vaucluse
Fontaine-de-Vaucluse is a picturesque medieval village built around spring and surrounded by high cliffs, not to mention a UNESCO World Heritage site. Famous for its emerald-green water and Sorgue River, the sun-filled Provençal town is perfect for a morning trip.
One of the main attractions in town is The Source of the Sorgue River. What seems like a pool of still water, The Source also known as the fountain is continuously fed by a network of underground water, from which flows Sorgue one of the most important rivers in Provence. To get to the fountain, follow the footpath and you will find it at the end of the trail. As you make your way there, make sure to admire the old ruins and small historical monuments as well as the whimsical waterwheels.
Where to park in Fontaine de Vaucluse
Right outside town, you will find a parking lot for about 3 Euros. From the parking lot is a short walk to the village.
Best time to visit Fontaine de Vaucluse
The best time to visit Fontaine de Vaucluse is in the spring. You will find fewer people, and because of the rain season, the river will be flowing strong. Summer is the towns business season, so you are guaranteed lots of people and all trying to converge at the fountain which is already a small area. Arrive early to avoid the crowd.
Next stop on our South of France Itinerary, Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque!
The Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque
Also Check: Places To Stay In Pigeon Forge Tn Near Dollywood
Best Area To Stay In Provence For Lavender Fields
From June to August Provence becomes a patchwork of purple fields as the famed lavender fields come into bloom. And while you can find violet visions throughout the region there are two spots that stand out from the crowd.
Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque is a sacred place at all times of the year. But come summer, its doubly impressive as the flowering lavender fields frame the 12th-century monastery.
Meanwhile, further east at the Plateau de Valensole, lavender fields fan out as far as the eye can see.
Dont miss: If youre a fan of lavender, a visit to Provences lavender museum is a must-do while youre in the area! Here youll learn about what makes the plant so special and how it has been a vital part of Provençal living for centuries.
Don’t Miss: Where To Stay In Uvita Costa Rica
Auberge De Cassagne & Spa
Nestled amidst peaceful gardens on the outskirts of Avignon, the Auberge de Cassagne & Spa is a classic French country house that exudes charm and luxury. Floral prints and pastel shades feature in the spacious rooms and suites, creating a homely ambience while boasting all the modern amenities youd expect of a five-star hotel.
Chef Philippe Boucher is the creative mind behind the hotels renowned restaurant where gourmet Provençal cuisine is showcased, accompanied by an outstanding choice of wines and the regions best vintages. The indulgent spa is a haven of relaxation for massages and beauty treatment while two pools, a sauna and eucalyptus steam room are among the leisure facilities.
The Auberge de Cassagne & Spa provides a secluded setting for exploring the medieval landmarks of Avignon, together with the wine routes and natural landscapes of southern France.
Five Things To Do In Centre Ville:
- Take a tour of the historically and architecturally significant Palais des Papes
- Crane your neck to take in Marys full splendour at Notre Dame des Doms
- Shop like a local at the Place des Carmes flea market like Les Halles but more intimate
- Jump on board the tourist train that departs from in front of the palace every 15 minutes
- Be enchanted at the absorbing Lumiere light and sound show in the papal palace. Get there early!
Read Also: Cheap Places To Stay In Solvang Ca
Best Hotels In Avignon France
From traditional townhouses with hidden inner-city gardens to secluded country estates, Avignon hotels have a lot to offer every kind of visitor. As a Provence local, the below recommendations are based on either personal experience, friends/network recommendations, or feedback from you my readers. And I aim to update them regularly!
Disclaimer: I personally use and recommend Booking.com for the best rates and service. As an affiliate, if you make a booking through one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Merci for your support!
Where To Stay In Hyres
- Best Western Plus Hyères Côte DAzur A ten-minute walk from the center of Hyeres, Best Western Plus Hyères Côte DAzur offers 48 wonderfully-decorated guestrooms set within a lush garden. Spend your day at the beaches of the Giens peninsula or exploring the town, or you could find yourself one of the many quiet and comfy couches spread throughout the garden and finally finish that book. The garden restaurant also gives you a chance to dine under the stars!
You May Like: Best Places To Stay In Rincon Puerto Rico
Les Jardins De Baracane
An elegant guest house set inside the old city walls, Les Jardins de Baracane offers an authentic experience in Avignon. Perfectly located for exploring the citys attractions and attending key events, this quaint Avignon B& B affords you a respite from the crowds within sumptuous surroundings.
Large, light and airy bedrooms welcome you to this inner-city haven, and character features combine with modern conveniences to ensure your stay is a comfortable one. All 5 rooms overlook the abundant garden below, and a shimmering swimming pool completes the scene at the rear of the section.
A simple but delicious continental breakfast is served in the garden terrace and your hosts are all too happy to impart their local knowledge on you to make sure you get the most out of your stay.
The Perfect Provenal Town Break
- The Hotel Crillon le Brave in Crillon le Brave is a smart hotel with fine dining in a really pretty hilltop village. A luxurious break for those who like a stunning view.
- The Château de Massillan is a beautifully renovated small chateau with turret bedrooms and elegant interiors. It’s surrounded by parklands, has a lovely lake, and an excellent restaurant.
- Hostellerie Berard et Spa is a lovely hilltop hotel with an excellent spa, great wine cellar and a Michelin starred restaurant. And all in a charming village with beautiful views over the surrounding valleys.
- Nestled away in a quiet part of St Rémy de Provence, Hotel du Soleil offers understated elegance with simple colour schemes. Unwind by the pool or feel utterly rejuvenated with a trip to their deluxe spa – a great value stay.
- The charming Hostellerie Provençale is located in Uzès and offers cosy traditional accommodation. What’s more, their restaurant is overseen by two Michelin trained chefs and serves up wonderful local produce!
- Le Mas des Carassins is a stone farmhouse situated in St Rémy de Provence. Surrounded by lavender bushes and lemon trees, this splendid spot offers beautiful accommodation with exposed stone walls and some even have private balconies. Quiet and romantic.
- Chateau de Mazan, once the home of the Marquis de Sade, provides simple but chic rooms in a lovely building. Enjoy wonderful meals in their two high ceilinged dining rooms. Grandeur without the stuffiness.
Recommended Reading: Where To Stay In Vienna For Christmas Markets
What Is The Best Area To Stay In Provence
While Provence may conjure up colourful images of gently swaying fields of lavender, sweet smelling roses and bright yellow sunflowers, this large and attractive area of France stretches much further than just the picturesque hill towns and villages of Vaucluse, as it also incorporates the glamorous and glitzy Côte dAzur, with its fine array of first class hotels, restaurants, chic boutiques and private beaches, and the stunning Alpes de Haute Provence too.
If youre planning a holiday to Provence, whether you choose to stay in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Avignon, made famous by the nursery rhyme bridge spend some time with your family in the natural surroundings of the Vaucluse base yourself in the charming provincial capital Aix-en-Provence, an ideal spot for exploring the lavender fields or head for a more glamorous and sophisticated holiday in the world famous high class resorts of Nice, with its elegant promenade, Cannes, the location of the international film festival, or St. Tropez, long famed for its celebrity and jet set status youll find that Provence has a diverse range of attractions to suit all kinds of holidaymakers.
|BEST HOTELS IN PROVENCE|
Sea View Apartment Rentals Menton France
A beautiful 1 bed sea view apartment rental in Menton, France, located on the Promenade du Soleil. This spacious apartment overlooks the beach in the picturesque French Riviera resort of Menton. There is no need to rent a car whilst you stay at this apartment. You can catch a bus or train straight from Nice airport to Menton . With the beach just a few metres away and the town a 5 minute walk, this apartment rental is very convenient. This lovely apartment on the sea front in Menton, is located on the first floor of a beautiful apartment building on the Promenade du Soleil. The building was formerly one of the earliest hotels in the town and the apartment is decorated with lovely old photos of the hotel.Ideal for reaching Nice airport and provides easy access to the beaches of the French Riviera.
Read Also: Places To Stay In Lodo Denver
The 10 Most Beautiful Villages To Stay In Provence France
Here are the best villages to stay in Provence, France! Provence is a region in southeastern France bordering Italy and the Mediterranean Sea. The region is known for its beautiful scenery, light, and colors. From the Southern Alps and Camargue plains to the Côte dAzur, rolling vineyards, olive groves, pine forests, and lavender fields, Provence is one of the most alluring places in the world. And its no wonder if talented artists such as Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, or Pablo Picasso made Provence their home.
This summer, if youre planning a trip to Provence, you might consider some of the most well-known cities such as Avignon, Arles, Aix-en-Provence, and Marseille. But if you want to experience the authentic Provençal beauty that has inspired artists for decades and get away from the main tourist track, there are some villages in Provence that are definitely worth visiting!
Being French, in todays post, Ive compiled a list of the best villages and small towns to stay in Provence, France. From idyllic hilltop hamlets to colorful coastal towns, these Provençal villages will amaze you with their unabashed beauty and their peaceful way of life.
Vence Luxury Villa With Private Pool ~ Ref: 1417
This luxury art deco villa in South of France with private pool dates from the 1930s. Located in Vence, in the suburbs high above Nice, this villa can accommodate up to 6 people in 3 sumptuous bedrooms. This South France luxury villa is located in the next street to the former residence of the famous French artist, Henri Matisse. Set in a beautiful neighbourhood filled with palm trees and stunning houses, this luxury villa comes with sea views, a large garden and a lovely private pool. The centre of Vence is 5 minutes walk and here you will find plenty of restaurants, shops and cafes. Vence is just 5 minutes drive to the beautiful hilltop town of St Paul de Vence.
Prices from 4,000.00 per week
You May Like: Places To Stay In West Glacier National Park