Best Luxury House In Hollywood: Massive Home For You And Your Friends
Alright, hear us out first! This mansion definitely isnt one of the affordable accommodations but theres a trick to it. The house sleeps up to 8 people and offers an impressive 3350 sq. ft. , so just split the bill at the end and, boom, youve got luxury for a super cheap price! The rooftop, jacuzzi, incredible location, multiple flat-screen TVs and outdoor BBQ place add to the value of this home as well, but the one thing that really stands out is the quality and cleanliness. Check out the pictures and convince yourself!
Best Neighborhood For Families: Santa Monica
Hugging the Pacific Ocean and the areas namesake mountain range, Santa Monica is a relatively sedate area dominated by its lovely beach area . But dont ignore the fun Third Street Promenade, a blocks-long pedestrian street flanked by shops, restaurants and coffee spots. Its an attractive and safe area for families to plant themselves while visiting the LA area.
Best Places to Stay in Santa Monica
- BUDGET: HI Los Angeles Two blocks from the beach and a short walk to the famed Santa Monica pier, this Hosteling International spot offers comfortable private double rooms and larger dorm rooms. There are laundry facilities on property and the lounge is a great place to hang with fellow travelers.
- MID-RANGE: Hotel Carmel One of the few mid-range options in otherwise expensive Santa Monica, Carmel is a century-old hotel. In-room amenities include free weekday newspapers and Keurig coffee machines.
- LUXURY: Shutters on the Beach With one of the best views of the Pacific Ocean in the LA area, Shutters is a So-Cal institution. Most rooms have large tubs to soak in after a day of sun and sand at the beach and ocean-view rooms have balconies. Borrow a bike from the hotel and cruise along the beach.
Cheap Accommodation In Los Angeles
Now, if you care more about price than quality, here are the most affordable hotels in Los Angeles, the best options where to stay in Los Angeles without spending much. This way, you can travel on a budget and avoid staying in dangerous neighborhoods.
Remember that even if LA is one of the most exclusive cities in the USA, its not difficult to end up staying in a dangerous neighborhood if youre only trying to get cheap accommodation in Los Angeles. To avoid this, below, youll find cheap hotels in Los Angeles located in good neighborhoods:
Besides, you may be interested in our tips to find the best hotel deals.
Also Check: Places To Stay In Houghton Mi
Santa Monica: Best Neighborhood To Be Near The Beach
If having easy access to the beach is important, Santa Monica is one of the best neighborhoods in Los Angeles for you to stay in. Santa Monica offers a bustling downtown area with tons of great restaurants, bars, shops, and entertainment. There are also more peaceful residential areas that are great to explore if you want to go on a walk.
The biggest draw, of course, is the beach. Theres plenty of unobstructed space to walk, bike, swim, or just hang out. Its a popular area, so you definitely wont find a lot of solitude here, but if you want to avoid the major crowds, just head either north or south of the pier.
Pros and Cons of Staying in Santa Monica
- Right on the Coast: You can walk for miles down the beach, so theres plenty of land to explore. Plus, youll get those gorgeous Southern California beach sunsets.
- Very Walkable: In addition to the actual beach, both the downtown and surrounding residential areas of Santa Monica are incredibly walkable.
- Tons of Great Eateries, Bars, and Cafes: Downtown Santa Monica has an abundance of places to eat and drink. You can also head over to Montana Avenue, which is a quieter strip with lots of eateries and cafes.
Santa Monica Highlights
Best Places to Stay in Santa Monica
Here are some of our top recommendations in terms of hotels in Santa Monica.
Santa Monica Proper
Shutters on the Beach
Where To Stay In Los Angeles: 10 Best Areas
Planning to visit LA? Are you wondering where to stay in Los Angeles? This guide breaks down which is the best area to stay in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis of glitter and palm trees that attracts artists, visionaries and hopeless romantics hoping to live the Southern California dream.
Californias largest city also happens to be the heart of the Hollywood entertainment industry. The famed Hollywood Sign nested high into the Hollywood Hills ensures that visitors never lose sight of the fact that theyre walking among cinema royalty.
However, there is also a hidden Los Angeles tucked away in vibrant neighborhoods or paths that cut into the canyons of the Santa Monica mountains. It all makes the decision of where to stay in Los Angeles all the more interesting!
An itinerary for a Los Angeles vacation can fill up pretty quickly. Visitors with stars in their eyes have a lot of ground to cover between attractions like the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Rodeo Drive.
In addition, magical places like TCL Chinese Theatre, Venice Beach and the Griffith Observatory make it easy to get swept up in La La Land. That may leave you wondering where the best place to stay in Los Angeles can be found.
Take a look at the best neighborhoods to stay in while getting the full Los Angeles experience!
You May Like: Places To Stay In Houghton Mi
Do You Want To Travel Forever
Then pop your email address in below and well send you a FREE copy of How to Travel the World on $10 a Day!
- Theres a real sense of community and connection here that youll really enjoy.
- Great food and drink options.
- A prime spot for people watching.
Why its so awesome: The Farmers Market was founded in 1934 by a collective of farmers and nothing much has changed since that time. The market is held at 3rd and Fairfax, and its where all the locals go to enjoy good food, buy fresh goods, and enjoy a bit of community. There are now more than 85 shops at the market, and youll find everything from a barbeque place to a kebab stand there.
What to do there: All you need to do while youre in this area is eat, drink and watch the people. This area has a laidback vibe that seems to conflict with the rest of the city. But this vibe has also contributed to the strong sense of community that the market has created. So just take your time and relax in the open-air bazaar, explore the many stores, and if you want to do some celebrity spotting afterwards then head down to The Grove shopping area nearby, where stars go to pick up the milk.
Best Neighborhood For Arts And Culture: Downtown
A couple of decades ago, Downtown Los Angeles or DTLA, in the local parlance was a no-go zone. For starters, there wasnt much to see and do. Secondly, it was home of the citys skid row. In the last ten years or so, though, DTLA has experienced a renaissance. There are now cool cocktail bars, swanky hotels, and trendy restaurants.
And yes, in the last few years, the homeless population has grown there too. But if you love art, its a prime place to plant yourself while in LA: The Museum of Contemporary Art, or MoCA, and the new-ish Broad Museum are in neighborhood. So is architect Frank Gehrys dynamic concert venue Disney Hall.
Best Places to Stay in Downtown Los Angeles
- BUDGET: Little Tokyo Hotel This DTLA hotel is a barebones option, offering a shared lounge and shared bathrooms. Its a no-frills choice, but the price is right and there are lots of great places to eat nearby. Theres a shared kitchen too.
- MID-RANGE: Freehand Los Angeles Set in a building from the 1920s, this funky and hip hotel has great rooftop pool. The Roman & Williams-designed rooms have plus-sized plasma TVs, free WiFi, and work from local artists. Some rooms have bunk beds, so the whole family can stay in one room.
- LUXURY: The NoMad An outlet of the hip, posh hotel that started in New York, the Downtown LA version has spared no expense to wow the guest. The spacious rooms, some of which have city views, have hardwood floors, marble writing desks, and a nightly turn-down service.
Recommended Reading: Bed And Breakfast In Winthrop Wa
Tips To Find The Best Deals
Where To Stay In Bogota: 8 Best Areas
The neighborhoods in Bogota are as diverse as youll find anywhere in the world. With a population of eight million, the cultural variety is immense. And the best thing of all is that you should have little trouble getting around regardless of where you stay in Bogota. The public transit system is top notch.
The TransMilenio rapid bus transit system allows reach to most of the areas in Bogota that are popular to travelers, and it can also provide access to the most popular nightlife and shopping among the locals.
That means that you can pretty comfortably choose lodging from among the neighborhoods in Bogota that interest you rather than worrying about finding a hotel or hostel thats along the main tourist drag.
Picking a place thats comfortable with you if you want to tap into one of Colombias most precious resources: the people.
Colombians are a remarkably friendly and gregarious people for the most part, and immersing yourself in the culture will allow you to experience the coolest hangouts and secret spots that fly-by-night tourists wont have the opportunity to experience.
Bogota may not have the international imprint of cultural capitals like Paris and New York City, but its a first class city in its own right. The capital of Colombia is home to dozens of museums and a treasure trove of restaurants and bars.
If youre considering taking a vacation to Colombia, here are some of the best neighborhoods where you can stay in Bogota.
Don’t Miss: Lodging In Winthrop Washington
Where To Stay In Pasadena
This upscale resort takes pampering to a whole new level with its outdoor saline pool, tennis courts, and on-site spa.
The Langham Huntington is home to refined dining establishments, with steak and afternoon tea being the highlights on their menus.
La Brea Tar Pits And Museum
Peter D. Tillman
- A slightly quirky but still fascinating place.
- Another iconic location in Los Angeles.
- Youll get some great photos here.
- Great for kids.
Why its so awesome: If your kids love dinosaurs, and what kids dont, then theyll love this museum. These tar pits have been bubbling for hundreds of thousands of years and more than a million animal bones have been found in their depths. And a lot of them are on display in the museum for your kids to marvel at.
What to do there: The tar pits are free, so check them out and take photos with your group or kids to mark the occasion. Then, if youre interested in learning more, make sure you check out the attached museum to explore the creatures whose bones were preserved in the bubbling mess.
Recommended Reading: Cheap Hotels Bradenton Florida
Santa Monica Best Place In Los Angeles For Families To Stay
If you ask me where is the best place to stay in, its Santa Monica. Santa Monica is a fabulous neighbourhood located in western LA, and one of the best places to stay in LA by the beach. It perfectly combines the convenience of a busy city with the laid-back atmosphere of the beach.
It has everything from outdoor adventures to high-class shopping and dining. Whatever youre looking for, youll find it in Santa Monica.
Its also our top choice for families visiting Los Angeles. In addition to the restaurants and shops, here youll find a wide variety of family-friendly activities, from the Santa Monica Pier to the Farmers Market.
The Best Hotels In The Hollywood Area
The Kimpton Everly Hotel
The Kimpton Everly Hotel is conveniently located near all of the attractions, but just distant enough to provide a respite from the days activities. Views of the L.A. skyline or Hollywood Hills, a 5th floor pool, inviting restaurant, and rooftop bar enhance the experience.
1800 Argyle Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028, 279-3532, everlyhotelhollywood.com
To book: expedia.com
Don’t Miss: Cheap Places To Stay In Bradenton Fl
Where To Stay In La: Santa Monica
With 280 days of sunshine all year, Santa Monica has earned its place as one of the best beach destinations near LA. Its perfectly suited for walking or biking just about anywhere you want to go on the 22 miles of bike paths. There are miles of beach to relax on, or you can head to the infamous Santa Monica Pier for carnival attractions, shops, and food. At night, youll want to head over to the Third Street Promenade where youll find bars, street performers, movie theaters , and more. Santa Monica is a bustling yet chill place you have to check out.
Why I Love Santa Monica
- Beaches for miles with plenty of walking and biking paths.
- Upscale vibes in Santa Monica next to casual neighborhood vibes in Venice Beach.
- Great nightlife, shopping, and wellness options
Attractions Near Santa Monica
Where Not To Stay In Los Angeles
There are a few areas that youll want to steer clear of when it comes to staying in Los Angeles.
If you take a look at a map, in a very general sense, the most exciting destinations that youll want to check out are located within the areas from Downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica/Venice on the east and west, and Hollywood and Mid-Wilshire on the north and south. With that in mind, youll want to stay as close as possible to these areas.
Outside of the City Center
Some of the neighborhoods on the outskirts of the areas mentioned above are still fine places to stay, but you want to avoid straying too far away.
Staying in Malibu, Redondo Beach, Pasadena, or far north in the San Fernando Valley likely wont be the best options, as youll spend a lot of time in the car. Of course, use your own judgement here if you plan to spend your entire trip surfing and hiking in Malibu, then by all means, stay in Malibu!
Another area to avoid staying in is Hollywood. The image that people have in their head of Hollywood is a lot different than the reality of it. The center of Hollywood gets incredibly crowded with tourists especially during the summer and it definitely doesnt have the glamorous feel that a lot of people associate with it. On the outskirts of Hollywood, there are just apartments and homes nothing too exciting.
West Hollywood, on the other hand, makes a great home base thanks to its central location, which well get to in a second.
Also Check: Places To Stay In Winthrop
Pros And Cons Of Staying Near Lax
- The obvious advantage is that you’re close to the airport, which is helpful if you have to catch an early flight or arrive late at night.
- Poorly insulated hotels can experience a lot of airplane noise.
- Most hotels charge for parking .
- The location is convenient to the freeway and it’s close to the beach towns, but there’s not much to do immediately around the airport. This location may be convenient if you’re doing business in the area, especially at the local aerospace companies.
Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
Seeking a luxurious stay or romantic dinner? Go to Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point in San Fernando. This Santorini-inspired resort is famous not only for its imposing white-washed buildings and blue domes. Its also praised for its gorgeous cliff-top location, facing a serene sunset view of the West Philippine Sea.
You May Like: Places To Stay In Houghton Mi
Runyon Canyon Park A Beautiful And Scenic Place To Check Out In Los Angeles
- An often-overlooked slice of nature in the city.
- A great place to get away from the city and breathe in the cleaner air.
- If you enjoy walking, hiking or running then theres plenty of room here to really stretch out.
Why its so awesome: Green spaces in the middle of concrete and stone jungles are like gems in cities like Los Angles and this park is perfectly positioned to give you a break from the rush if you need it. Its seldom visited by tourists which makes it the perfect place to have a rest before you dive back into the high-tech busyness of the city.
What to do there: There are some great views throughout the canyon. You can see the San Fernando Valley and the Pacific Ocean from selected spots as well as the Hollywood sign. This is a popular spot for the locals to exercise, so while youre doing some hiking you might just see a celebrity keeping their world-famous body in shape too!