Are Hotels Safe And Open
Experts agree hotels are safe, provided you take the necessary precautions outlined by the CDC. Additionally, the CDC now says fully vaccinated people can safely travel in the US. All the hotels on this list are open and accepting guests.
That said, the state of Florida has lifted restrictions and protocol for COVID-19. Still, you should keep in mind that many private businesses still opt to follow the CDC masking and social distancing guidelines and come prepared with safety precautions for hotels, restaurants, and other businesses who might enforce their own rules on the premises of their properties.
In addition, services are subject to COVID-19 restrictions. Some spa, transportation, and entertainment amenities might be curtailed or unavailable. Others might be on their way to being reinstated.
Downtown Miami & Brickell Best For Modern Luxury
The true heart of Miami and the city center, Downtown Miami is a sharp contrast with the laid-back style of South Beach Miami. Miami downtown is a busy and lively area, with a dazzling business district feel to it. This is where the striking skyscrapers, international hotel chains, and luxury restaurants are located.
Just south of downtown Miami is its southern neighbor, Brickell, a modern, towering area of the city of Miami nicknamed the Manhattan of Miami. Brickell is filled with the best trendy restaurants and stylish young professionals going about their daily business.
Downtown Miami and Brickell are connected by the Metromover, a system of automatic, elevated trains that run around the entire financial district. This is the best area to stay if youre in town for business or simply enjoy a city atmosphere due to its connectivity and ease of movement.
- Ride the Skyviews Miami Observation Wheel
- Dine-in one of the trendy restaurants of Brickell
Art Deco Elegance: The National Hotel
- This historic South Beach oceanfront hotel features 116 newly designed city and direct ocean view guest rooms in the Tower and 36 luxurious cabanas and suites, skirted alongside native tropical palm trees and Miami Beach’s longest infinity-edge pool.
- Its hallmark one-of-a-kind infinity-edge pool has been the backdrop for concerts, fashion shows and home to a host of high-caliber performances including Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Paris Hilton, and Pitbull among others. There is also a second leisure pool, heated and set near the private sandy area
- You can choose from 3 onsite food and drink options, fresh fusion cuisine at Tamara Bistro, refreshing poolside cocktails at Aqua Pool & Lounge and handcrafted libations at the indoor Blues Bar
- Guests have access to spa services and fully-equipped state-of-the-art fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in all areas
- Pets allowed
- Parking available nearby for $42.80 per day
The Ultimate Guide To South Beach Miami In A Weekend
Famed for its Cuban influences, trendy nightclubs, fresh seafood, beachside hotels and resorts, and the colorful art deco buildings around town, South Beach is a glamorous paradise within Miami.
I spent a few days in South Beach after visiting the Bimini Islands and got to experience the culture, food, and beaches. I was impressed.
Here is my guide to South Beach, Miami in a weekend!
Where To Stay In Little Havana
Life House Little Havana This extremely stylish place to stay boasts dorms and private rooms, all of which are exemplified by their attention to detail. Soft design features like wood beds and floors sit alongside a sense of classic but modernized decor for a very cool place to stay. Guests can order vegan breakfasts to their room, watch what they like thanks to the super-fast internet, and enjoy the location of this place just a 15-minute stroll away from the center of Downtown Little Havana.
Read Also: Snowmobile Rentals In Houghton Mi
Best Hotel In Brickell: Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Miami Downtown Brickell
Located just a few minutes walk from Miamis trendiest spots, this is our pick for where to stay in Brickell. This incredible hotel comes complete with a fitness room, swimming pool, and a jacuzzi. The rooms are modern and stylish, and they are outfitted with a kitchenette, refrigerator, and coffee/tea facilities.
Trendy Eco Luxury On The Beach: 1 Hotel South Beach
- This is a 426-room resort, with a sublime 600-feet of beach frontage, a 30,000 square foot center pool, and a house fleet of white Teslas offering complimentary transport. In keeping with the 1 Hotels philosophy, each room is designed for comfort with pure and natural elements, every detail brings the outdoors inside, all beautifully executed.
- The state-of-the-art eco rooms include use of tablet with daily digital newspapers, 55-inch smart TV, Bluetooth speakers, in-room water filtration system, and espresso machine with organic coffee.
- There are 4 swimming pools, all with panoramic ocean views, including an adult exclusive rooftop pool on the 18th floor with mesmerizing 360 degree views and poolside cabanas.
- Full-service Bamford Haybarn Spa with a selection of holistic treatments, services and classes and a 14,000 square-foot Spartan Gym.
- Six dining options from grab-and-go to exquisite cuisine, all with an emphasis on fresh ingredients: Plnthouse, Watr at the 1 Rooftop, The Sand Box, Nativ Made, Drift, and the newest signature restaurant Habitat, by Chef Jose Mendin.
- Family-friendly: Seedlings Program Kid’s Club offering a variety of activities including sports, teambuilding and games, swimming, outdoor adventures, arts crafts.
- Non-smoking throughout
Also Check: Places To Stay In Winthrop Wa
South Beach Where To Stay For First
When we mention the word Miami, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? I bet it is the beach, am I right? Indeed, mile after mile of pristine waters, golden sands, tanned locals, and happy tourists. A place filled with celebrity-studded hotels and nonstop nightlife, Miami Beach from South Beach to North Beach is legendary.
Moreover, a stay in Miami Beach offers a variety of entertainment options that goes far beyond sun and sand, encompassing world-famous nightlife and world-renowned art galleries, top-notch hotels and the best dining options, designer shopping, and a unique architectural style that makes it one of the worlds most visually distinctive regions. Its also worth mentioning that Miami beach encompasses a man-made barrier island with the main street, Ocean Drive running from top to bottom.
Although the entire length of Miami beach is dotted with great places to stay, South Beach is considered the best area to stay and is one of the most famous neighborhoods of Miami. The nightlife in South Beach is abundant plus all you really have to do is put on your flip-flops and walk a few steps until you hit the water, so youll never have to question what to do! So if youre looking for a good time with lots of nightlife options, stay in South Beach.
Where To Stay In Miami For Sightseeing
Miamis tourist attractions are spread out all over the city, so theres not a single district that we could classify as the definite area for sightseeing. In the end, the perfect location will depend on your tastes . That said, these are some of the most interesting districts:
Don’t Miss: Vacation Rentals Houghton Mi
Townhouse Hotel Bright Chic And Cool
Bright and airy and heavy on the white, the midrange highly rated Townhouse Hotel is a great example of when a boutique hotel gets the shabby chic style just right ! From the moment you step inside this unique and creative hotel in Miami youll be able to tell the interior designer was in a playful mood think oversized baby blue pillows, L shaped couches giant poufs and the odd beachball. Penthouses have private terraces, and ocean or city views.
Theres a funky rooftop terrace and bar and each room also contains a flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Modern relaxing accommodation with a hip, cool twist located right on South Beach!
- Prices from $100 per night.
- To check prices or availability for Townhouse Hotel Miami Beach
Where To Stay In South Beach
1 Hotel South Beach Impeccable design and comfort collide in this decidedly upscale hotel. The rooms feature sleek furniture, an eye for minimalism and simplicity, and a cool, neutral color palette. Guests can relax in style at the wellness center and spa, swim in one of four pools, eat in one of the six onsite restaurants, or simply chill in their rooms. In terms of location, Miami Beach Botanical Garden is within walking distance of this hotel.
W South Beach Just a stones throw from the beach, W South Beach is a towering luxury hotel thats cool, stylish and Instagram friendly an updated version of the playful classiness that Miami has always been known for. The pool is surrounded by slick black and white striped day beds, the rooms are chic, bright and design-led, and boast ocean views. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, this branch of W is one for all you design fiends out there.
Loews Miami Beach Hotel This 4-star hotel is positioned directly on the beach, making it a great option for those who place high importance on being close to the sea and sand. Other nearby things to do include Lummus Park a three-minute walk away and all the coolness of Miamis Art Deco District a mere five-minute stroll. This hotel is all about luxury with six dining options, a sprawling pool area, and much more, you wont ever want to leave.
Also Check: Cheap Places To Stay In Bradenton Fl
Best Hotel In Downtown Miami: Hilton Miami Downtown
A fantastic location, elegant décor, and luxurious rooms are just a few of the reasons this is our top pick for where to stay in Downtown Miami. This hotel boasts a fitness centre, swimming pool, and a stylish on-site bar.
It is close to well-known attractions and is within walking distance of Miamis hottest clubs.
Best Airbnb In South Beach: Cozy And Stylish One Bedroom Hub For The Best Nightlife
If youre planning on hitting the clubs at night, you better choose the right place to get rid of the next days hangover. This Airbnb is the perfect home to chill and relax during the day. It offers a great location, super close to the busy streets, but you can still enjoy a peaceful sleep. Its got a super homely design, but still has some modern and stylish features, which gives the apartment a super welcoming and homely vibe.
Read Also: Activities In Winthrop Wa
Hotel Urbano A Funky Reasonably Priced Retro
The fun and funky Hotel Urbano offers mid-range boutique accommodation in a quiet but central location in Miami. Bold and creative with cool retro interiors, the hip and trendy Miami hotel has partnered with Art Fusion Galleries to display an eclectic range of exhibits throughout the hotel.
Rooms at this funky accommodation in the heart of Miami are stylish and colorful and all the amenities of contemporary living will be at your fingertips from iPod dock to HDTVs with balconies thrown in too. Other unique hotel highlights include private poolside cabanas, a modern cocktail bar, a state-of-the-art gym, and Cuban-inspired food freshly served up at their popular onsite restaurant.
- From $90 per night.
- To check prices or availability for Hotel Urbano
One South Beach Miami An Upscale Eco
Situated in the northern section of South Beach on Collins Avenue, this swish Miami abode with an eco-friendly ethos has a modern beach feel with softwood furnishings throughout. If you like to catch plenty of rays and enjoy the water, you cant really go wrong with the 5 star exceptionally rated One Hotel South Beach. The hotel sits directly on the seafront so expect sublime ocean views, but it also boasts two swimming pools and 70,000 square-foot of decking space. Its rooms are modern and elegant, with soft furnishings, custom-made beds, ocean views, walls lined with driftwood, and all the mod-cons youd expect.
The trendsetting Miami accommodation is located near plenty of popular attractions, including the Lincoln Road Mall, the New World Center, and the Miami Beach Convention Centre. A large swimming pool occupies the hotels central grounds, while theres a smaller but equally stunning beachside terrace and pool area complete with bar, sun loungers, daybeds, and cabanas. Besides its popular pool areas, the hotel features a gym, a rooftop bar, a hair salon, and also a modern spa. If youre a golfing fan, the hotel is ideally located near to Miami Beach Golf Club, so dont forget to pack your clubs!
- Prices from $200 per night.
- To check prices or availability for One Hotel South Beach
Read Also: Cheap Places To Stay In Bradenton Fl
Where To Stay In Miami: 10 Best Areas
Welcome to my detailed guide to choose where to stay in Miami, the best areas to stay in Miami for first-time tourists. By the end of this article, you will feel more familiar with the best places for families, nightlife, beaches, sightseeing, budget, without a car, and safe.
This rich and vibrant city on the southeast coast of Florida is one of the United States most popular tourist destinations. Its a great place to enjoy some beach time, party, and explore the cultural delights of a modern and cosmopolitan city.
You should take a few factors into account when deciding the best part of Miami for your stay.
If you have your own transport, then it is easier to stay in the outer suburbs of the city, in districts like Coral Gables or Coconut Grove, and still reach all of the sights of the city center with ease. These outlying suburbs are great too if youre traveling with the family since they are relaxed and less full-on than the city center. If you are looking for the safest places to stay in Miami, then look into Coral Gables and Coconut Grove.
But if youre a first-time visitor or you dont have your own transport, then staying somewhere central like Miamis downtown makes sense. If you are looking for the best area to stay in Miami with family, check out Key Biscayne, Brickel, North Beach.
Downtown Miami, Brickell, South Beach, Coconut Grove are the best area to stay in Miami without a car.
Best Condo In South Beach: Stylish Beachfront Studio
This amazing place is located right on South Beachs front, which means that youll only have to walk a couple of steps until you feel the sand under your toes. The condo has been recently renovated and offers super modern and luxurious amenities. If you dont feel like salt water, you can also opt to jump into the pool in your backyard and soak up the sunlight on your sun beds.
Read Also: Places To Stay Near Houghton Mi
Downtown Miami Good Area For Business Travel And Sightseeing
Downtown Miami, as the name suggests, is the most convenient and central part of the city in which to stay. This district is the best choice for first-time visitors, especially if the beach isnt the overriding attraction for your visit.
Downtown Miami contains the huge tower blocks of the citys central business district. But theres so much more to see and do here, and downtown is packed with fascinating museums, galleries, and activities. The Frost Museum of Science is a fascinating place to visit, as are the Miami Art Museum and the Miami science museum. The Perez Art Museum Miami is a fabulous art gallery with an extensive collection of South American art.
While in downtown Miami, you should check whats on at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, which has an ever-changing and varied itinerary of shows and plays. Another great venue is the Guzman Center for The Performing Arts, with a theater that stages regular plays and operas.
If you want to learn a little more about the place where youre staying, then take a visit to History Miami, which is a museum that tracks the growth and development of the state of Miami from the times of native American arrival until the present.
Other attractions to check out: American Airlines Arena a sports and entertainment multi-purpose venue in a vibrant waterfront, Bayside Marketplace a two-story open-air shopping center, for a family with kids, and Ferré Park a promenade, former Museum Park.
Oceanfront Hip And Glamourous: The W South Beach
- Over the top would be an understatement, everything at The W South Beach oozes hipness and glamour in a contemporary style… high ceilings, dark woods, marble walls, and a $40 million contemporary art collection showcasing pieces by Andy Warhol, Julian Schnabel, and Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- 408 spacious rooms and suites spread over 20 floors, each with balcony with stunning ocean views, marble-lined bathrooms, a kitchenette, Bose sound system, Bliss toiletries.
- WET outdoor heated pool with a swanky rollicking vibe is anything but calm, Mini WET is a more tranquil pool
- Full-service spa with a signature menu of treatments and indulgences, rooftop fitness center, basketball and tennis, complimentary bikes
- Three dining options: Smart casual Mr Chow is open for dinner offering Chinese cuisine, The Dutch with an eclectic atmosphere is an American melting pot of Caribbean, Latin and Asian flavors, and the poolside bar and grille.
- Two bars and WALL Nightclub, one of South Beach’s hottest party spots.
- If noise is an issue, choose a room in the higher floors away from the pool and nightclub scene.
- Non-smoking throughout
Don’t Miss: Lodging Houghton Mi