Le Manoir De Ravenoville
Grand 17th-century family home Le Manoir de Ravenoville near Normandys landing beaches is at once elegant and inviting. Composed of three separate buildings , take your pick of housing options at this self-catered property dating back to the days of Louis XIII. Stroll the gardens to discover the remains of an old castle and its moat, or sit by the fire and fantasize about days gone by.
The Most Magical & Prettiest Places In Brittany France
THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN BRITTANY, FRANCE
When Southern Brittany Blew Our Socks Off With Its Pretty Places
I mean, we shouldnt have had socks on in the first place because Brittany, France, is the kind of region where people live in their flip-flops , but hey, were British!
Southern Brittany is also the kind of region where some days you even question if you are still in France at all : after spending 2 weeks on the road visiting the Loire, Dordogne, Alsace and Auvergne in France, Brittany was a contrast that was quite distinct.
We had visited a few places on the north coast of Brittany a couple of years ago and picked up a distinct non-French feel in parts, but the south side has a much more relaxed vibe with some of the best places in Brittany.
The History Of Brittany, France
To visit Brittany is to feel its history and whilst you might be eager to get to our Places To Visit In Brittany list, we think its worth considering a quick outline of its bygone years its historical personality pops up whichever places in Brittany you choose to visit. So here we go
Whereas the north of Brittany has towns with reputations stemming from the 20th century , South Brittany still has a foothold in a more ancient past with its pretty granite towns like Locronan and Vannes and the even more ancient Neolithic stones of Carnac. It also has a host of plus beaux villages to visit and coo over.
pin for later
THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN BRITTANY
A BRITTANY SHORT BREAK?
Corsica One Of The Most Unique Places To Stay In France
Corsica is a large island in the Mediterranean Sea that is officially administered by France but has its own unique culture. Right next to Sardinia, Corsican culture has been heavily influenced by Italy. It also has its own fascinating history, and the Corsican language has seen major revival efforts over the past decade.
Corsica is easily one of the most beautiful regions in France with unspoiled beaches and sweeping hills everywhere you turn. Both the mountains and the sea have resulted in plenty of adventure activities popping up around the island. The local culture is one of the most unique in Europe, with a variety of festivals and traditions throughout the year.
Don’t Miss: Best Place To Stay In Kauai In September
The Lure Of The Loire: Where To Stay Eat Drink And More
Its the valley thats stoked the worlds romantic imagination a land of chateaux, fine wines and spectacular scenery. From Nantes to Orléans, we select the highlights of the Loire
Originating in the rugged central Ardèche region of France and emptying into the Atlantic near the shipbuilding port of Saint Nazaire, the 1,000km-long Loire river is as French as the Mississippi is American. This is the river the French love best: for the soft green beauty of the regions it waters and because it has so profoundly shaped their culture and identity. The constellation of magnificent chateaux found in the Loire valley has stoked the worlds romantic imagination, making the area between Orléans and Angers one of the most storied and visited destinations in France.
Beyond their beauty, the chateaux of the Loire are an acute expression of the regions history, too. During the middle ages, fortified seigneurial residences were the focal points around which towns and villages grew. During the hundred years war between the French and the English the Loire valley was a frontier zone, so many castles transformed into fortresses. When peace came during the mid-15th century, they were remodelled as pleasure palaces for the aristocracy.
Motorhome Route Planner Southern France
We’ve spent a lot of time motorhoming in southern France. Some of our favourite places include:
- The Gorges du Verdon. One of the most spectacular places we have EVER been with our motorhome
- The Pyrenees, especially the Cirque du Gavarnie. It’s jaw-droppingly beautiful.
- French Alps. Exploring the Alps with a motorhome is one of our favourite trips. We also love Lake Annecy and you MUST add the cable car up Mont Blanc to your France motorhoming itinerary.
- Bordeaux and the Dune du Pilat- make sure you allow time to visit some of the incredible vineyards in the area!
Also Check: Best Area To Stay In Barcelona With Family
French Alps Where To Stay In France For Adventure
The Alps are home to the highest mountains in Western Europe, and therefore some of the most thrilling adventure activities! Having hosted two Winter Olympics, the French Alps are packed with snow sports facilities throughout the colder months. In the summer the area also benefits from hiking and cycling trails and even a few glacier excursions.
Thanks to all those glaciers, the French Alps is an area of astounding beauty. With crystal clear lakes and imposing mountains, this is the perfect destination for nature photographers. It is also well connected to the South of France, as well as parts of Italy and Switzerland.
Best Hotel In Nice: Hotel 64 Nice
If youre looking for a room in the city centre, Hotel 64 is one of the best-rated hotels in Nice! Its only a short walk from the main Promenade, giving you quick access to all of the best attractions in the city. Rooms are fully soundproofed, ensuring you get to enjoy a peaceful nights sleep whatever day of the week.
You May Like: Places To Stay In Port Royal Sc
Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc Antibes
One of the most desirable destinations on the French Riviera is Antibes, and one of the most desirable places to stay in Antibes is the Hôtel du Cap Eden Roc. Located right on the waters edge and boasting a private beach, this 19th century hotel is the epitome of old French glamour. The decor is traditional French country in style, and some suites offer private seafront balconies, butler service and even private villas. Youll love the resort feel, the amenities, the tennis courts, the pools and the quick walk to the stunning vantage point of Cap dAntibes.
Hotel Le Moulin Du Roc
Exclusive and private, the Hotel Le Moulin du Roc is a spectacular retreat only minutes from the greenery and solitude of the Parc naturel régional Périgord-Limousin. On the banks of the Dronne Rive, this former mill dating back to the 17th century has just 15 rooms, which means that guests can expect privacy. Four-poster beds, wooden beams and grand fireplaces are standard, but the grounds are really where the Hotel Le Moulin du Roc stands out. Guests will have access to pools and tennis courts, and a cigar lounge, a bar, a restaurant and even cooking classes to master the regional French cuisine.
Read Also: Places To Stay In Roanoke Rapids Nc
Where To Stay In Marseille
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port One of Sofitels finest, this ravishing 5-star hotel is located on the historic Old Port. Offering you a rejuvenating retreat, Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port treats you with personalized services, the most exquisite French gourmet delicacies, cocktails with a view of the harbor, and unperturbed relaxation at the top-notch spa with a plunge pool, sauna, and hammam.
- NH Collection Marseille Set in a historic edifice that was reportedly inaugurated in 1864 by Napoleon III, the beautifully preserved NH Collection Marseille offers a range of lavish accommodation units. A personal favorite of art and history lovers, the splendid hotel is ideally located for exploring the nearby attractions in the city. Aside from its business facilities and proximity to major shopping hotspots, the hotel offers a collection of 176 elegantly decorated rooms.
Where To Stay In Frejus
- Atoll Hotel A stones throw away from the beach and not too far from some of the most popular attractions in the area, this charming 3-star hotel is the ideal combination of value and comfort. Sporting an overall family-friendly vibe, the hotel offers express check-in and check out and a complimentary parking space. La Bella Trattoria, the in-house restaurant, offers a half board option as well as fun evening entertainment on the odd occasion.
Read Also: Where Is The Best Place To Stay In Mykonos
Where To Stay In Paris Near Charles De Gaulle Airport
If your flight arrives in Paris late in the evening, there’s nothing like taking a short shuttle ride to your hotel instead of a taxi into the city. And if your departing flight leaves early in the morning, a hotel close to the airport can save beginning your trip with the stress of early-morning traffic delays. These hotels are either within walking distance of the terminals or on the route of the CDG VAL airport shuttle.
Option : Blois Chteau And Chaumont Via Shuttle Bus Azalys
Alternatively, you can use the second shuttle, Navette Azalys to see Chaumont-sur-Loire Château. The bus stops at Blois station, Blois Château, Onzain train station, and finally Chamout. The ticket costs 2.15 one way or 4.15 round trip and can be bought from the bus driver. Your bus tickets also gives you up to 3.60 discount on the entrance fee to Chaumont-sur-Loire.
- 7:00am: Arrive at Gare Paris Austerlitz and take the 7:37am train to Blois-Chambord.
- 9:36am: Train arrives at Blois-Chambord Station. Walk 7-8 minutes to the Blois Château
- 9:45am: Arrive at Blois Château and explore and have lunch in town
- 1:00pm: Catch the 1:10pm bus from the Blois Château bus stop to Chaumont-sur-Loire
- 2:00pm: Arrive at Chaumont Château and explore
- 5:20pm: Catch the 5:30pm shuttle bus back to Onzain train station or Blois to catch the train back to Paris.
Also Check: Cheap Places To Stay In French Quarter New Orleans
Quick Answers: Where Is The Best Place To Stay In France
- Lyon Overall Best Place to Stay in France
- Best Place to Stay in France For Families
- Paris Most Romantic Place to Stay in France for Couples
- Nice Coolest Place to Stay in France
- Where to Stay in France on a Budget
- Corsica One of the Most Unique Places to Stay in France
- Where to Stay in France for Adventure
- Bordeaux Best Place to Stay in France for Wine
Where To Stay In Cassis
- Hotel Les Roches Blanches Recently renovated head-to-toe a couple of years ago, the glamorous Hotel Les Roches Blanches is named after the limestone rocks that line the coast between this gem of a fishing village and intrepid-yet-traditional Marseille. A look at the interiors rewards you with a glimpse of the finest French poise and an Art Deco-inspired décor. A private mansion during the 19th century, the edifice was transformed into a hotel in the 1920s. Winston Churchill and Edith Piaf stayed here there are rooms named after them!
Also Check: Places To Stay In Clearwater On The Beach
Taking A Motorhome On The Channel Tunnel
The Chunnel is fast, effective and probably the cheapest way to get a motorhome or caravan to France, even in school holidays. There are very few downsides, but the biggest is the delays in summer. Sometimes the queues can be HOURS long- and that was before BREXIT.
The other big downside is how far you have to drive to get there if it’s out of your way- that’s the main reason we don’t use it as often as the ferry, although if we’re going straight through France to go motorhoming in Germany, the Netherlands or anywhere further east, it makes sense.
Also, if you use LPG in your camper for movement then you are NOT allowed to use the tunnel.
Don’t forget, you can use your Tesco vouchers to reduce the cost even further and some motorhome clubs also offer discounts.
Read More: Driving in Europe after BREXIT? Find the changes HERE
Visit Zooparc De Beauval
Home to 8,000 animals living in an area around 100 acres , ZooParc de Beauval is Frances most popular Zoo and is ranked amongst the 10 best zoos in the world. Spend the day discovering extraordinary animals like the giant panda, white tiger, hippo, and manatee. A visit to ZooParc de Beauval is a fantastic thing to do in the Loire Valley for families. You can buy your tickets to ZooParc here.
Read Also: Best Area To Stay In Punta Cana
Where To Stay In Saint
- Hotel Continental Set on a wide promenade that leads you straight to the enthralling Veillat Beach, Hotel Continental is a glamorous accommodation. Featuring a variety of spacious rooms and suites, including family rooms, this premium 4-star hotel is especially popular for the grand breakfast buffet served every morning. Numerous beachfront restaurants and cafes can be found right outside the hotel.
Where To Stay In Paris
Choose from our pick of the best areas to stay in Paris, from beautiful Belleville to poppin Pigalle. Sleep well!
Without meaning to state the obvious, Paris is a big city. Very, very big. Where to stay in Paris? That could well be the million Euro question, although that might be somewhat of an overreaction as were about to dissect the best parts of the city for your benefit. Every option in Paris seems like a good one, but it is undeniable that some neighbourhoods are better than others when it comes to restaurants, others for bars, nightlife, shopping, history and all the rest. The French capital is a collection of towns within a city, a very big city , and these are the best places to stay in Paris.
RECOMMENDED: Full guide to the best hotels in Paris
An email youll actually love
Awesome, you’re subscribed!
Thanks for subscribing! Look out for your first newsletter in your inbox soon!
You May Like: Where Is The Best Place To Stay In Positano
La Chouette Cabane Near Laval Pays De La Loire
These three luxurious treehouses and a wooden gypsy caravan make for a peaceful rest from the road between Rennes and Angers. Eat dinner and breakfast on the sun-dappled terrace, after winching the hamper up by a pulley. And before hitting the road for the onward journey, let the kids meet and feed the animals on the farm. Treehouses 105.50-135, caravan 81-110, both B& B for two, chouettecabane.fr
Best Hotel In Corsica: Htel Restaurant Villa Josphine
This quaint little hotel is the perfect countryside retreat in Corsica. Located a short walk from the coast, the entire property is surrounded by gorgeous views. There is a small pool open during the summer season, and a complimentary breakfast every morning. The nearby town is popular with hiking so this is a great choice for active travellers!
Recommended Reading: Places To Stay In Costa Rica Near The Beach
Chteau De Creissels Millau Aveyron
One of the highlights of the A75 route is the incredible Millau Viaduct, an amazing feat of engineering designed by Norman Foster it is the worlds tallest bridge at 343 metres . Spanning the Tarn valley, it is close to the Grands Causses natural park, with its limestone cliffs, deep gorges and dense woodland. The Château de Creissels has an excellent vantage point from which to admire the bridge a little longer. It dates from the 12th century, has its own fairytale tower and 26 modern rooms, an excellent restaurant and a swimming pool, making it a fantastic pitstop. Doubles from 86-112, room-only, chateau-de-creissels.com
Best Airbnb In Nice: Villa Les Terrasses
Nices Airbnb Luxe properties form the websites upmarket range with plenty of additional services on offer in each. Right on the outskirts of Nice, this vast villa can also come with a private chef and driver if you wish. Where this house truly shines is the infinity pool which comes with unspoiled views of Nice and the surrounding countryside.
Read Also: Places To Stay In Ontario Oregon
Where To Stay In Avignon
- Hotel dEurope Tucked in a historic 16th-century structure which was completely refurbished in the 18th century, Hotel dEurope is one of the oldest standing hotels in the country. While entering this timeless place, the plane tree that is known to be as old as the building itself shadows over the courtyard and is hard to miss as are the charming French balconies and the grand staircase both are adorned with oil paintings and 17th-century Flemish tapestries.
- Avignon Grand Hotel This beautiful 4-star hotel is situated right outside the citys Middle Age Walls literally across the street from them. Constructed in early 2000, Avignon Grand Hotel sports a grand Provencal-style décor with a modern tiered layout. While the front of the hotel is a simple chain-hotel beige tone, the bright yellow backyard against the well-manicured courtyard garden makes the place warm and welcoming. The IKEA-esque couches in the lobby are a great place to relax.