Palazzo Vecchietti City Center
Hotel phone: +39 055 230 2802Intimate, upscale, boutique hotel with 12 elegant suites built into a 16th-century palace. Suites, penthouses, and one-bedroom apartments all boast hideaway kitchenettes with dishwashers, chocolate marble bathrooms, and bespoke furnishings. Top tier suites add private balconies, roof terraces, deep soaking tubs, or decadent Turkish steam baths. A delicious complimentary breakfast is offered in the dining area or can be served directly to the guest rooms. Family-friendly, pet-friendly, and well-situated a short walk from the Duomo, Bargello, and Uffizi.
Best Hotels In Florence Near The Train Station
If you prefer to stay right next to the Central train station , take a look at the hotels below. All of them are conveniently located in less than a 2min walk to Florence train station.
Situated opposite the Central train station, this is one of the closest hotels you can book. The location is perfect if you plan to explore Tuscany or have an early train. In addition, youll be less than 15min walk to the main attractions. Modern and comfy rooms with air-conditioning. Why book opposite the train station, free coffee and water, 24-hour front desk
This is the best place to stay if you look for a hotel with convenient transport links. Not only the train station is less than 2min away, but there is a central bus station next to the hotel. Why book next to the train station and central bus station, 24-hour front desk with luggage storage room
Best Hostel In Florence: Piccolo Hotel
Situated on the historic Piazza San Marco, this stunningly renovated budget hotel provides classic accommodation in Florence at great value. All rooms come with ensuite bathrooms and air-conditioning, and wifi is available throughout. A free breakfast is included in the room price, and the hotels central location means youll save money on public transport, too.
Also Check: Places To Stay In Bradenton Fl
Duomo Where To Stay In Florence For First Time Visitors
If you care at all about the historical importance of Florence, youll almost certainly want to visit the Duomo. Named after whats arguably the most significant piece of architecture in the entire town, the neighborhood known as Duomo is dense with landmarks of immense historical importance, and it also represents the true geographic center of town.
Those two features make it a top contender for where to stay in Florence.
Lodgings in the Duomo district will put you into spitting distance of landmarks like the Museo Nazionale del Bargello which is home to some of the most beautiful Renaissance art in the entire country and the gorgeous and utterly unique historical religious building known as the Battistero di San Giovanni.
And while theres no doubt that the Duomo is crowded with tourist traps, its also the beating pulse of the city. This isnt just home to the ghosts of Florences past. Its where so many residents live their lives.
Hidden amongst the landmarks to Florentine history are some of the coolest bars, restaurants, and clubs in Tuscany, and its an ideal position to set up camp and do some people watching.
The Dome itself offers some of the most stunning views of the city youll find anywhere, but the its selection of piazzas are just as visually appealing. They give you a nice up close and personal view into the inner lives of Florences residents from all walks of life.
Portrait Firenze City Center
Hotel phone: +39 055 2726 8000Luxurious and exclusive, this Ferragamo-owned five-star all-suite hotel takes pride in offering a highly-personalized experience to its guests. The impeccable service also includes a lifestyle team. Accommodations feature well-equipped kitchenettes, iPads, complimentary Salvatore Ferragamo toiletries, and Carrara marble bathrooms. This child and pet-friendly hotel offers a sophisticated Italian restaurant, and guests can access all other Lungarno Collection facilities nearby.
Recommended Reading: Holiday Inn Express Houghton Lake Mi
The Most Romantic Hotels In Florence
- For a romantic stay in a superby central location, Antica Torre de Via Tornabuoni is the place to book. Discreetly tucked away on Florence’s most fashionable shopping street, this 24 room hotel has been crafted from two medieval towers and rooms and suites now boast luxurious interiors in a classic, unfussy style. There’s also a fine dining restaurant and roof terrace with a view!
- If youre searching for Florences traditional romance then the Grand Hotel Villa Cora is for you. Its an exclusive, Baroque palace hotel, with a beautiful pool and landscaped gardens, gourmet dining and 46 luxurious rooms that exude opulence. Perfect for treating a loved one!
- Velona’s Jungle is a good option if you’re looking for something small and intimate, that’s also a little bit different. Here you’ll find just four luxurious and individually designed suites and it’s adults only. Located in a quiet leafy area, but still only 15 minutes or so from all the top sights.
Cheap Hotels In Florence Italy
Pensione Abaco offers comfortable rooms at budget rates, conveniently located in the heart of Florences historical center. A short walk takes you to the central train station, the Duomo, and most of the main attractions that this beautiful city has to offer.
HOTEL REGINABorgo la Noce, 8 FirenzePh. +39 055 292346Fax + 39 055 291 035
Hotel Regina is a small quiet hotel situated in the heart of Florence, near the Railway station, the Cathedral, and all other historical sites of interest. The hotel, 1 star, has nice and cosy rooms with toilet and shower.For the guests theres the bar open all the day, privileged taxi calls and a special parking-agreement with a nearby garage.
Its also possible to book museum tickets and to have train and flight information. Our personnel is professional, and always at yours disposition for any question or necessity.
HOTEL LA NOCEBorgo la Noce, 8 FirenzePh. +39 055 292346Fax + 39 055 291 035
A small quiet hotels situated in the heart of Florence, near the Railway station, the Cathedral, and all other historical sites of interest.
Rooms are nice and cosy with toilet and shower, air conditioning and direct-dial telephone. For the guests: privileged taxi calls and a special parking-agreement.
Don’t Miss: Hotels Winthrop Washington
Hotel Bella Firenze Santa Maria Novella
Hotel phone: +39 055 238 1219Contemporary, intimate hotel with eleven sunny rooms, all with a welcome bottle of wine, A/C, free wifi, and complimentary breakfast. Rooms are on the petite side and sleep a maximum of three, making this most suitable for couples or small families . A buffet breakfast is included in the room rate and served at a communal table, so guests can get to know one another. Expect friendly and warm service from all of the staff at this family-run boutique. Adjacent to the train station and within fifteen minutes walk of most of the citys attractions, this is an ideal home base for exploring Florence and Tuscany. Bonus for shoppers: the bus to the designer outlets stops right next door.
The Best Restaurants In Santa Croce
- AllAntico Vinaio The best sandwiches on the face of the earth! The line will be crazy long, and you might have to eat standing up in the alley but its one hundred percent worth it.
- Le Vespe Café The best spot for a hearty brunch: great food, great cocktails, casual ambiance.
- Bitter Bar Experimental, experiential cocktail bar with a Roaring Twenties vibe.
- Il Procopio Fantastic gelato with some traditional favorites along with some more unusual flavors packed with candied orange peel, pistachios, cake bites, and more.
Recommended Reading: Accommodation Winthrop Washington
The Best Value Classic Hotels In Florence
- Just one minute from the Duomo, N4U offers a meeting of historic Florence with family friendliness and great value in a great location. This five room B& B has been converted from a thousand year old tower, and the result is a quirky, characterful collection of rooms with beautiful views and lovely original features.
- Or try the Casa Howard, a chic and intimate B& B in an elegant Florentine palazzo with 13 individually decorated and themed rooms. The owners are a couple of textile designers, and their flair can be seen throughout the property. Doubles start from as little as 99 per night.
Things To See And Do In San Spirito/san Frediano:
- Take a stroll through the charming Piazza Santo Spirito, which is home to bars, bistros, cafes, and a delightful local market.
- Grab a drink at Volume, a cosy Florentine pub.
- Pop inside the Basilica di Santo Spirito and see an elaborate interior designed by Brunelleschi.
- Enjoy urbane cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere at Rasputin, a secret bar in Florence.
- Wander the winding streets and alleyways of atmospheric San Frediano.
- Listen to great music as you enjoy refreshing drinks at NOF Club.
- Marvel at the detail of Santa Maria del Carmine, an elegant and intricate church.
- Relax with a pint at The Gate Pub.
- Tease your taste buds and indulge in delicious Italian fare at IO osteria personale.
A new country, a new contract, a new piece of plastic booooring. Instead, buy an eSIM!
An eSIM works just like an app: you buy it, you download it, and BOOM! Youre connected. Its just that easy.
Is your phone eSIM ready? Read about how e-Sims work or click below to see one of the top eSIM providers on the market and ditch the plastic.
Read Also: Chewuch Inn Winthrop Wa
Hotel Torre Guelfa City Center
Hotel phone: +39 055 239 6338Comprised of a medieval tower and palace with a modern annex, this romantic boutique hotel boasts a wide range of rooms, junior suites, and a one-bedroom family apartment with a kitchenette. Rooms in the medieval portion are all unique, with décor that blends Baroque, Renaissance, and neo-Victorian styles rooms in the modern wing are contemporary in pearl grey. All rooms come with A/C, free wifi, and a mini-fridge, some with bathtubs, and one with a balcony. All guests have access to the panoramic terrace on top of the tower, the highest private tower in the city accessible by a 72 step climb. In the summer months, a bar is set up on the tower for sunset cocktails in winter, piano concerts are held in the lobby. Torre Guelfas spectacular location is just around the corner from the Ponte Vecchio, within a five-minute walk of the Uffizi, Duomo, and Pitti Palace and only fifteen to the Accademia.
Santa Maria Novella Where To Stay In Florence Close To The Train Station
The story of is really a tale of two neighborhoods. Located on the North side of the Arno River, the bits of Santa Maria Novella that are closest to the train station can be a bit shady. Its noisy, chaotic, and filled with traffic and more conventional buildings than the charming facades that are so prominent throughout most of the city.
But as you move away from that transit hub, youre left with one of the most charmingly pleasant and best places to stay in Florence.
The Santa Maria Novella church after which the neighborhood is named is one of the most handsome religious buildings in town, and this neighborhood is also rich with some of the coolest but less trafficked areas in town.
If you want to see the hidden gems that Florence has to offer, Santa Maria Novella offers it in spades. Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy is a standout landmark, and while its still a function pharmacy, its a building dating back around 600 years.
The neighborhood is also home to the somber Cappelle Medicee, a mausoleum housing members of the once powerful Medici family.
If youre looking for the cheapest place to stay in Florence, setting up shop near the train station isnt a bad idea. While it has something of a reputation for being dangerous, its also incredibly affordable.
And the small size of Florence as a whole ensures that while you may be in a congested neighborhood, youre never too far from the important cultural and historical landmarks.
Also Check: Places To Stay Near Winthrop Wa
For A Special Occasion
- The Palazzo Vecchietti is a distinguished 15th Century palazzo right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it ‘Paradiso’. Now divided into fourteen luxuriously decorated suites and apartments with lovely details like private terraces, high ceilings and amazing views. It’s easily one of the best places to stay if you’re looking for something a bit special.
- The Four Seasons Hotel is housed in a Renaissance palazzo and has got the lot – frescoes, elaborate stucco work, sculptures and grand public spaces. Deep pockets and the ability to walk the short distance back from the centre are essential.
- The Hotel Savoy is a fine, luxury hotel in the very heart of the centre, close to the Duomo. Styled beautifully by Olga Polizzi, this is a haven of pale and perfect luxury.
Duomo Where To Stay In Florence For Your First Visit
Duomo is the historic district and located in central Florence. It is the most famous neighborhood in the city and is where youll find iconic landmarks, including the Museo Nazionale del Bargello and Giottos Campanile.
Duomo is a neighborhood that bursts with life and excitement. Its made up of winding cobblestone streets, grand piazzas, and charming cafes and boutique shops that can be found at every turn. If youre traveling to Florence for the first time, its the best place to stay to get to know the city.
Recommended Reading: Cheap Hotels In Bradenton Florida
The Best Value Hotels In Florence For Luxury Lovers
Experiencing Florence in luxury doesnt have to come with a big price tag, and our Gurus have turned up several properties worth a recommendation .
- The Antica Dimora Johlea is a six room boutique hotel with romantic, eclectic decor, which includes canopied four poster beds and vintage treasures. It also has a roof terrace with panoramic views of the city, and the rooms start at less than 140 per night.
Still not sure which of our Gurus recommendations for the 10 best value hotels in Florence might be perfect for you?
Where To Eat In Oltrano
Some of the most exciting dining experiences in Florence are found in Oltrano. Here you will find cool little bars serving antipasto and aperitivo among innovative restaurants by the next generation of top chefs. We recommend:
- Essenziale modern Italian fine dining in sleek industrial space
- Gurdulù playful twist on classic dishes with cocktails to match
- the freshest seafood in town.
Recommended Reading: Best Area To Stay In Punta Cana
Benefits Of Staying Around Ponte Vecchio
- Youll be at the heart of Florence, just a short walk from historic sites and luxury shops.
- Take a stroll along the river after sunset .
- Perfect area for dining out with numerous small romantic restaurants.
- Some of the most romantic luxury hotels are around Ponte Vecchio .
Helvetia& Bristol is one of the best places to stay in Florence for a honeymoon. Set in a 19th-century historical palace, the hotel boasts a luxurious interior enriched with fine fabrics, chandeliers and antiques. Each of the rooms features a unique character and comes with a marble bathroom. Why book 100m away from a high-fashion shopping street, luxurious rooms with an old charm
Set directly on the south bank of the Arno River, the hotel boasts stunning views of Ponte Vecchio. Rooms have an elegant design with blue tones while in the bathrooms youll find Italian white marble and Salvatore Ferragamo toiletries. The hotel features its own art collection with more than 450 works, including Picasso and Cocteau. Why book location on the riverbank next to Ponte Vecchio, Michelin-starred restaurant
What Popular Events Take Place In Florence
Head to Florence toward the end of June for a unique sporting experience: the Calcio Storico Fiorentino. Traditionally held at the Piazza Santa Croce, the sport combines football, wrestling, and a variety of athletic skillsand it can only be played by athletes born in the four teams respective territories. Stay at the nearby Hotel La Casa di Morfeo along the C1, C3, and 23 bus routes from here, youll be within walking distance to the sporting venue. Each year between the months of April and June, visitors come to Florence for the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, a festival that showcases opera, classical music, and ballet in venues across the city. Tickets must be purchased for the event. Since the activities take place at different locations, we recommend choosing a cheap hotel in Florence near the center of District 1. The Benivieni Hotel is a good option thats right beside the Studio bus stop on the C1 route.
Recommended Reading: Bed And Breakfast Winthrop Wa
Hotel Orto De Medici: A Tea With Lorenzo Il Magnifico
Hotel Orto De Medicis name is a tribute to the unique and secluded Garden where Lorenzo il Magnificos from the Medici family had an art school and that now is there to welcome all the lucky guests. The atmosphere is very peaceful and I felt a thrill through my spine when I heard that Michelangelo was a scholar there.
The building was refurbished in the eighteenth century and still has original frescos from that period. Despite this classical frame, rooms have both modern and classic furniture with an intriguing outcome as good as some among the fanciest villa in Florence. To be even fancier the staff welcomes you with glass of delicious Prosecco that you can sip on the sunny and quite terrace.
Just a tip. Reserve in advance, they are always booked!