Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club
Stylish Surfjack is the dream spot for lovers of Instagram with this gorgeous resort as a backdrop, all of your pictures will be stunning. Centrally located in Waikiki, it offers 112 vintage-inspired bungalows and suites. The Swim Club features an inviting pool with cabanas and even movie nights. The hotel provides one-of-a-kind honeymoon experiences. Spend your evenings doing sunset yoga on the rooftop or listening to singer-songwriter music sessions at the restaurant.
Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
This is one of the splashiest places on the Oahu island and is packed with some signature amenities. You will get splendid views of the Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head. The property also houses Chef Masaharu Morimotos exclusive restaurant having a sprawling elevated pool-deck spanning 17,000 square-foot. The facility is replete with rooftop fitness-center apart from batting cages, tennis courts
Those that are inclined to revive the earth will behappy to know that the hotel pledges to plant 100,000 indigenous plants andtrees as part of their reforestation initiative. A portion of all tariffs goesin for this endeavor.
What Should You Pack For A Hawaii Honeymoon
- Sunscreen never understatement the sun in Hawaii, even if it rains!
- Portable Phone Charger this one needs no explanation, youre on an island, there arent many plug sockets on the beach.
- Waterproof Bag/Case For Phone/Camera perfect for photography at the beach.
- Hiking/Comfy Shoes while flip flops and sliders come in handy, they arent great when it comes to hiking up a volcano, so bring some shoes safe for hiking.
- Sunglasses theres nothing worse than lying on the beach with the sun in your eyes, so bring some sturdy sunglasses.
- All The Necessities clothes, towels, toiletries the whole works .
- Fancy Outfit being your honeymoon, it goes without saying that you may enjoy some fine dining whilst on holiday, so bring appropriate dinner attire!
- A Good Book theres never a better time to get off social media than when youre on the beach in Hawaii. But to keep preoccupied, bring a good read along with you!
- Insect Repellent possibly the only downfall when it comes to holidays in Hawaii mosquitoes!
- A Beach Bag while its not for everyone, its always a good idea to bring an extra tote bag to take with you, even if you arent a beach lover!
Read Also: Best Area To Stay In Punta Cana
Don’t Miss: Winthrop Wa Activities
The Four Seasons Resort Oahu At Ko Olina
Want to really get away from it all? The Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is perfect! Weve shared how amazing micro weddings are here in the past, but it makes a great place to vacation or honeymoon as well! Jason + I have stayed here three times we just love it so much!
The Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is about an hours drive from the Honolulu airport and really gives you that remote island vibe. The hotel has 3 pools a family pool, a keiki pool and an adults-only pool.
The pool below is the adults-only pool and is the largest infinity pool in Hawaii!! The perfect spot to spend the day and catch the sunset. Oh, and if you are traveling with your family, the Four Seasons has an amazing Kids Club where you can drop your kids off and you can pretend you are on a couples only trip for a few hours! They also have a Mai-Tai truck that serves drinks swim-up style from this pool!
Best Luxury Hotel In Ala Moana: Ala Moana Hotel
Offering a sauna, outdoor pool, gym, and sun deck with skyline views, this 4-star hotel is an ideal base while youre in Oahu. This all makes this hotel a great choice when youre deciding where to stay in Oahu for your first time. Each room is air conditioned and comes with a private bathroom and all the amenities. And theres an in-house restaurant on site for late night meals.
Also Check: Best Western Winthrop Wa
Waikiki Best Area To Stay In Oahu For Nightlife
Of course, youve heard of Waikiki. Its the most popular area for tourists and is filled with everything you could want on a beach holiday. Its a great choice when youre deciding where to stay in Oahu for nightlife and for easy access to local beaches and great shopping. The whole area is based around the famous beach, with lots of shops, restaurants, and cafes packed close by.
If youre in Oahu for a short holiday, then this is probably where youll stay. The water is warm, the people friendly, the cocktail ubiquitous, and the neighborhood safe. Youll find a huge range of accommodation in Waikiki, from top quality luxury hotels to cheaper hostels and apartments. So, no matter your budget, you can spend some time in this area without breaking the bank.
Where To Stay In Honolulu & Waikiki
If youve weighed it all out and decided that staying in Waikiki is right for you, heres where I recommend:
The Royal Hawaiian: This iconic Waikiki resort has been featured in movies since the 1960s. Its style speaks of a bygone era but its still high on modern luxuries. Its right in the heart of Waikiki so if you want to see and do it all while staying at some of the coolest digs in Waikiki, this is your spot. If its in the budget, definitely book the Mailani Tower. Its the newly renovated luxury tower and it has much more modern and updated rooms than the older wing. Pricing starts at $299/night. Book a room directly with the Royal Hawaiian here and read hundreds of reviews here.
Moana Surfrider: The oldest hotel on Waikiki, the Moana Surfrider has been around since 1901 and sits directly on Waikiki beach. No trip to Waikiki is complete until youve sipped a mai tai on the lanai here. Pricing starts at $250/night. Book a room directly with the Moana Surfrider here and read hundreds of reviews here.
Sheraton Waikiki: This relaxed beach resort right on Waikiki Beach has great amenities including three restaurants, an infinity pool , and spa. Its also right in the middle of Waikikis famous shopping district. Pricing starts at $250/night. Book a room directly with the Sheraton here and read hundreds of reviews here.
Best Hotels In Koolina
Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa: If ever there was a resort made for families in Hawaii, its Aulani. Of course, Disney and kids go together like pb& j, but Aulani is really something special. Yes, its a sprawling mega resort with every kind of activity and amenity you could ask for, but the attention to detail in the architecture, design, and landscape manage to make it feel intimate and charming. Id say its the most Hawaiian resort youll find in Hawaii. Read all about my last stay at Aulani here. Pricing starts at $400/night. Click here to check pricing/availability during your stay and read hundreds of reviews.
Four Seasons Oahu: Nothing says luxury like the Four Seasons so if youre looking to splurge on your honeymoon , you wont be disappointed with the Four Seasons. Its located in the upscale resort community of Koolina on the west side and is situated on a perfectly calm little lagoon next to Disneys Aulani resort. Youll get seclusion while still only being 30 minutes or so from Waikiki. Pricing starts at $450/night. Click here to check pricing/availability during your stay and read hundreds of reviews.
The Best Hawaiian Island For A Honeymoon
Hawaii is a popular honeymoon spot. According to the Hawaii Tourism Authority, 513,154 people honeymooned in Hawaii in 2019 .
So we know Hawaii is a good spot for the honeymoon, but which island is the best?
Maui is the all-around winner when it comes to the best Hawaiian island to pick for your honeymoon. Why? Because it has an adults-only resort, has beautiful resort areas on the sunny and dry side of the island, has a mix of everything you could want, and offers an easy day trip to another island.
- The best resorts in the sunniest spots. Chances are, youll stay in Wailea or Kaanapali and these two spots on the island also come with the most sun and the best resort and condo accommodations.
- The only adults-only hotel. The kids are great. But on your honeymoon, you may want the quiet tranquility that comes with a kid-free vacation. Because Hawaii is so family-friendly, this can be hard to find. But you have a luxury adults-only hotel on Maui.
- It has a mix of everything. Whatever youre looking for, youll find it on Maui. The island has some of the best resorts, a relaxed night scene thats not too quiet, and memorable outdoor adventures like the Road to Hana and Haleakala.
- Lanai is just a boat ride away. If you want to add on a second island, a 60-minute ferry ride will provide a quick escape for a day or two for luxury at the Four Seasons Resort. Enjoy golf, snorkeling, deserted beaches, and romantic solitude.
Maui sunsets alone are worth having your Honeymoon here.
Also Check: Chewuch Inn & Cabins Winthrop Wa
Ala Moana Where To Stay In Oahu On A Budget
When youre trying to decide where to stay in Oahu on a budget, Ala Moana is a good choice. This is a commercial and residential local neighborhood that, despite its proximity to Waikiki, doesnt see as many tourists. Youre more likely to find interesting local shops and souvenirs in this area than overpriced luxury items.
Phillip B. Espinasse
Ala Moana offers the best of both worlds, easy access to Waikiki and a more relaxed local atmosphere. Its the best neighborhood to stay in Oahu if you want a good nights sleep during your trip as well as easy access to everything that Waikiki has to offer.
The Best Hawaii Honeymoon Resorts
Looking for the best Hawaii honeymoon resorts for the ultimate romantic getaway? When you think of honeymoon destinations, Hawaii always comes to mind and for good reason. Filled with secluded beaches, lush waterfalls hidden in the jungle and luxurious resorts Hawaii has an appeal to anyone.
The average cost of a honeymoon in Hawaii is about per couple is about $4,500 and the more luxurious honeymooners spend about $10,000. In short, Hawaii aint cheap! But who can put a price tag on a once in a lifetime trip like your honeymoon?
Each island has its own distinct charm and character. Depending on what you want to get out of your Hawaiian honeymoon will depend on what island you choose to spend your special week.
Lets go over the highlights of each Hawaiian Island and the reasons to visit depending on your travel style. This will make choosing the perfect Hawaii honeymoon resort swift and seamless.
For full transparency, I have sprinkled some affiliate links in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases that gives me a small commission at no extra cost to you if you decided to make a purchase. All proceeds go to keep Jess traveling and coffee . I thank you in advance.
Don’t Miss: Places To Stay Phoenix
Big Island Of Hawaii: Best For An Adventurous Honeymoon
If lounging around a resort isnt your thing, the big island of Hawaii might be your best bet. With 10-climate zones, the island has a lot to explore. Stay on the Kailua-Kona side and rent a car to explore the island.
See the desserts on the Kohala Coast, a rainforest in Hilo, and the snow-capped mountains of Mauna Kea volcano. Take a tour of the observatories, go stargazing, swim in waterfalls, snorkel with manta rays, and hike through Volcanoes National Park.
Note: Kilauea volcano is not currently erupting but always check for updates here.
If that sounds like your dream honeymoon, we suggest checking out one of these resorts for your stay:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: enjoy hula classes, lei making, picture-perfect lawns, six swimming pools, and a self-contained five-star resort.
- Holualoa Inn: Nestled in the hills above Kailua Kona is this B& B, spread out over a sprawling 30 acres.
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel: Located along Kaunaoa Bay on the Kohala coast, this five-star resort has plenty of activities on-site, including tennis courts and a golf course.
Tips For Choosing The Right Resort
Before you begin exploring the stunning resorts in Hawaii, consider what youre looking for. The following tips can help you develop a clear view of what your ideal honeymoon resort will be like.
- Select your preferred island. As Hawaii is made up of various islands, take some time researching and discovering what each has to offer for scenery and activities.
- Make a list of your desired amenities. Most resorts offer slightly different amenities, so make a list of whats most important to you. For example, do you want a modern suite with an ocean view? A resort with a golf course? An adults-only pool? Surf rentals and lessons? World-class dining options? After you make this list, rank the amenities in order of importance.
- Determine your budget. Because it can be frustrating to find the perfect resort, only to discover its too pricey, determine how much you can spend on accommodations before you start your search. You should also factor in how much you can spend on food and drink, spa treatments, and other activities. Also dont forget that you can easily set up a honeymoon fund so your guests can contribute to your budget as a wedding gift.
- Many Hawaiian resorts offer honeymoon packages that provide romantic touches like champagne upon arrival, a candlelit dinner by the beach, couples spa treatments, and other amorous activities. Knowing if this kind of package is important to you can help inform your research.
You May Like: Places To Stay Winthrop
A Few Other Reasons We Love The The Four Seasons Resort Oahu At Ko Olina For Couples
Their Spa! Its truly amazing. I had a massage last time we were there and it was so relaxing. Love a great spa on vacation plus it has its own pool as well!
The food here. While at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, we typically ate at the resort since there werent a ton of other options close by plus the food at the resort was really good! Breakfast is our favorite meal there. Normally they have an amazing breakfast buffet, but right now with Covid, they arent doing the buffet. I highly recommend the coconut chia seed pudding, the Eggs Benny and the Avocado Toast. Yum! And dont miss the Macademia Lattes with Oat Milk!
The other two restaurants are Minas Fish House , and Noe (described as Capri-meets-Oahu this Italian restaurant features pasta and fresh fish. Definitely order the whipped ricotta with truffle honey here as well as the Yellowtail Crudo and Maccheroni pasta with crab, spinach and lemon. Poolside service for lunch and of course you cant go wrong with the poke.
If you are looking for a break from the hotel, we also had dinner one night at Monkeypod Kitchen and we really enjoyed our meal there. Highly recommend the Ahi.
And the number one reason we love the Four Seasons? The service is just the best. Everyone just wants you to have the most relaxing best time and we could feel it.
Best Oahu Resorts For Families
While Oahu is the most crowded of the Hawaiian Islands , its still a big draw for families. There are a TON of beach resorts on Oahu, but some are definitely better for kids than others.
I feel like this post needs a disclaimer up front: pretty much anywhere you go in Hawaii is going to be kid friendly. Hawaii is not a stuffy destination. The most posh and expensive hotels on the island caters to children quite amazingly and unless youre at the adults only pool , youll always find kids boogie boarding in the waves, bobbing around in the pool, and having dinner with their families. That being said, these resorts may appeal to children especially due to their pools or kids clubs, and parents due to their locations and convenience factors.
Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa: No surprise here. Hands down THE BEST PLACE to stay for families in Hawaii. I dont think this recommendation even needs explaining, but if you need convincing you can read my full review here. Pricing starts at $400/night. Click here to check pricing/availability during your stay and read hundreds of reviews.
: Marriott Beach Clubs are geared towards families and this one is no different. Larger room options are available, there are so many pools, youll find every kind of beach and water activity you could dream of, and the protected lagoon is a great beach for young swimmers. Pricing starts at $320/night. Book a room directly with the Marriott here and read hundreds of reviews here.
Read Also: Wither Heights Myrtle Beach
Best Places To Stay On Oahu: The Ultimate Guide For Every Type Of Traveler
Best place to stay for families:
Waikiki is a great place to start. It’s affordable and offers a variety of activities for all members of your family.
North Shore provides the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. The area offers many luxury resorts and vacation rentals at the edge of Waianae and Haleiwa. It also has many exciting attractions, like luaus, festivals, and surfing. With so many activities to choose from, you’ll be able to bond with your whole family.
Koolina offers affordable, family-friendly accommodations short distance from Waikiki Beach, the bottomless snorkeling of Turtle Bay, and the world-famous Diamond Head Crater. It is also within minutes of many other charming beaches, shopping centers, and cultural attractions.
Kailua offers affordable resort homes and proximity to the beach. It’s also has a wide variety of activities for families, including kayaking, golfing, and hunting.
Best place to stay for Beach Bums:
There are only so many hours in the day. And who wants to spend their time strolling around tourist spots when you can be swimming in the ocean?
The Waikiki neighborhood is the best place to stay in Oahu for those who love to play at the beach. It is a popular tourist destination with great restaurants, shopping, and attractions. The East Coast offers a charming view of the Pacific Ocean and a perfect mixture of beaches, food, and activities. Of course, North Shore provides great sprawling beaches.
Best place to stay for luxury seekers: