Where To Stay In Savannah For Couples
Historical home in Savannah
Another romantic boutique hotel for couples is the Eliza Thompson House Savannah inside an elegant, resorted 1847 home, which is in Savannah’s Historic District and within walking distance from many sightseeing attractions, shops, and restaurants. It offers luxe, elegant rooms in either the main house or a carriage house also on the manicured grounds.
A continental breakfast is included as are evening hors d’oeuvres and dessert service. Couples can relax in the charming brick-paved garden courtyard with a fountain and koi pond.
Option : Stay In Savannah
Dont have a car or just arent done with the city? No worries.
There is plenty more to do in Savannahconsider touring the Andrew Low House , visiting the birthplace of Flannery OConnor, taking a riverboat cruise, perusing art at shopSCAD, or simply continuing to enjoy Savannahs many town squares, shops, and small museums as you stumble across them!
Documents Required To Travel From The Us To Canada With Pets
To transport your dog or cat from the U.S to Canada, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency requires you to meet the following requirements:
- Vaccination certificate .
- Veterinary health certificate .
- Sanitary export permit .
The vaccination certificates must be issued from the U.S before traveling to Canada, and have the following characteristics:
- Be written in English or French , or translated into one of those two official languages.
- Issued and signed by a United States Department of Agriculture Accredited Veterinarian.
- Identify the animal by breed, color and weight .
- Guarantee that the animal is vaccinated against rabies .
- Indicate the date of vaccination , the company name and the serial number of the authorized vaccine.
- Specify the duration of immunity .
The veterinary health certificates must be issued from the U.S before traveling to Canada, and have the following characteristics:
- Be written in English or French , or translated into one of those 2 languages.
- Issued and signed by a United States Department of Agriculture Accredited Veterinarian.
- Have the name and signature of the authorized veterinarian who performed the examination.
- Identify the animal by breed, color and weight .
- Specify the date and time of the exam.
- Contain a statement specifying that the animal is free from any clinical evidence of disease .
- Guarantee that the animal has been vaccinated against :
SEE ALSO: Travel tips for visiting Winnipeg
Recommended Reading: Places To Stay Near Houghton Mi
Dinner At The Olde Pink House
The Olde Pink House has a reputation for being Savannahs top restaurant. And people arent wrong! I definitely recommend experiencing the finer side of dining in Savannah, along with some unique southern fusion dishes.
I recommend making a reservation here in advance if possible. If youre traveling solo, head to the bar. I met two fellow solo female travelers there and we shared our dishes!
Kate recommends: the shrimp and grits and the BLT salad. Both are appetizer-sized portions. Best option? Get a few appetizer dishes.
Things To See And Do In Historic District
- Delve deep into history at the Mercer Williams House Museum.
- Enjoy a fun night out at The Rail Pub.
- Explore the link between past and present at the Telfair Museums Jepson Center.
- Go for a stroll through Forsyth Park.
- Grab a pint at Churchills Pub.
- Learn all there is to know about railroading at the Georgia State Railroad Museum.
Also Check: Winthrop Wa Things To Do
Historic District North Zone: River Street
So, what makes River Street unique? A couple of things
River Street was the original warehouse district in Savannah. It was a center for trade, where ships docked and loaded up with cotton and indigo to export across the world.
The area retains much of its rustic roots with souvenir shops, restaurants, and art galleries all still operating out of warehouses built hundreds of years ago. The history evident in this area is incredible!
While the rest of the Historic District sits high atop a bluff, River Street is the only street that sits below the bluff, just a few feet above river level.
Here are a few things to consider if you choose to stay on River Street
Pros: There are plenty of restaurants and bars, and many stay open late into the night. The container ships that pass by regularly are fun to watch! There are often talented street artists performing on the plaza. Some of the citys prettiest sunsets can be found on River Street.
Cons: Its one of the most touristy sections of Savannah, so it stays consistently busy and tends to get loud. The restaurants are fairly high priced and arent always the best Savannah has to offer. Parking is scarce and valet fees can get expensive. Its a riverfront area, so you might see rats scurrying around near the water late at night.
Homelessness: Members of the homeless community often choose to sleep along River Street. Its common for them to request spare change or handouts from visitors in this area.
What To Do In Downtown Savannah Ga
The Savannah State Farmers Market lies just a few minutes from downtown, featuring hard-to-find ethnic and organic foods and a selection of flowers. With acres of greenspace and spacious open areas, downtown Savannah provides the perfect place for outdoor activity. Forsyth Park lies in the center of downtown on 30 acres.
You May Like: Where To Stay In Winthrop
Best Budget Hotel In Savannah: Iris Garden Inn
The Iris Garden Inn is our top recommendation for budget accommodations because it offers comfortable and clean rooms at a great price. Each room comes complete with air conditioning, a refrigerator, a bathtub and cable/satellite channels. Theres also a swimming pool, luggage storage and gift shop on-site.
Affordable Luxury Home In Savannah Chic 1870s Home W/ Private Patio
This stunning 17th century home has a remarkable history and shabby-chic style, yet it has been completely renovated with modern fittings for a truly luxurious stay at a commendable price. This four-bedroom home just minutes from Downtown Savannah is the ideal place for groups of up to 10 guests to relax in. The spacious living room has a cinematic movie screen and the private patio boasts a lounge area, huge dining table, and a gas grill. This 2,000 square foot, three-story property was built in 1876 and first inhabited by Jeremiah Crowley, an Irish-American who served in the Civil War. Not only do you get to see history, but you can stay in a piece of it too!
Read Also: Cheap Hotels Bradenton
Things To See And Do In French Quarter
- Browse the shops and restaurants of the Historic Charleston City Market.
- Catch a performance at the Dock Street Theatre.
- Dine on fresh and delicious seafood dishes at Fleet Landing.
- Dive deep into history at the Old Slave Mart Museum.
- Enjoy sweeping views from The Rooftop at The Vendue.
- Go for a stroll through Waterfront Park.
- Indulge in southern-style BBQ at Husk.
- Learn about pirates, patriots and presidents at the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon.
- See the French Huguenot church.
- Visit St Michaels Church, the oldest church in Charleston.
The Best Area To Stay In Savannah Georgia
The best area to stay in Savannah, GA is Downtown. This lively district is home to old neighborhoods, historic mansions, top cultural attractions, nightlife, restaurants, and lodging options. See accommodation in Downtown Savannah, GA.
Another excellent area to consider when choosing the best area to sleep in Savannah, GA is Pooler.
Read on to learn more about the best areas to stay in Savannah.
You May Like: Activities In Winthrop Wa
Tybee Island Great Beach Destination
Located 17 miles outside of Savannah, Tybee Island is one of Americas favorite beach destinations for good reason.
The land of pirates and mermaids in the American South, this relaxing, stunning barrier island is famed for its wide beaches, beautiful lighthouses and sprawling pier.
If you dont have a car, getting from Savannah to Tybee for an excursion can be easily done by using an Amtrak train or Greyhound bus.
A true place to be a beach bum, Tybee Island is home to very leisurely attractions like the Tybee Island Lighthouse Museum, the Cockspur Lighthouse, Savannah River Beach, Tybee Island Beach and Fort Pulaski National Monument.
Its also a top place for Georgia sea kayaking and dolphin watching.
There are two approaches to take when booking accommodations in Tybee Island. The first is to focus on one of the many rental properties here.
While beach condos that are tucked into larger buildings with multiple units are common, you can also find a number of beach cottages and bungalows that accommodate larger groups.
Properties that dont have their own pools often include access to private, resort-style pools located somewhere in Tybee that are managed by rental companies.
You will also find a mix of luxury hotel chains, independent hotels and bed-and-breakfast inns all throughout Tybee. Many people prefer Tybee Island to similar places like Hilton Head Island due to the fact that Tybee has such a laid-back, casual atmosphere.
BEST PLACES TO STAY IN TYBEE ISLAND
Things To See And Do In Mount Pleasant
- Dine on delicious seafood and steak at Old Village Post House.
- Dont miss the burgers and fries at Coleman Public House.
- Eat tasty local cuisine at Crave Kitchen & Cocktails.
- Enjoy good food and an unbeatable view at Waters Edge.
- Explore the grounds of the Boone Hall Plantation founded in 1681.
- Get back to nature on Dewees Island.
- Relax and play at Isle of Palms Beach.
- See the retired warships at the Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum.
- Tour the Fort Sumpter National Monument.
- Visit the Cold War Submarine Memorial at Patriots Point.
Also Check: Breakfast Winthrop Wa
Things To Know Before You Arrive In Savannah
Historic buildings and cobblestone streets meet the metropolitan conveniences of creative eateries and vibrant shopping districts in Savannah, Georgia’s oldest city. With plenty to see and do, heres what you to know before you visit the historic city of Savannah.
For easy reference: Video transcriptFor easy reference: Video transcript
Tips For Spending 3 Days In Savannah
- The Savannah Visitors Center is a great place to start your visit. If youre coming into town from I-16, youll pass right by it on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. There are maps and plenty of pamphlets about tours, museums and restaurants. The staff is also really helpful in answering any questions.
- The best way to get around Savannah is to walk. We had a rental car but free parking is either tough to find or there are time limits on street parking. The further away you get from the river, the easier it is to find street parking.
- If your feet get tired, Savannah has some free transportation options. The DOT is a fare free service that includes shuttles serving 12 stops in the Historic District, an authentic 1930s streetcar with six stops along River Street and the Savannah Belles Ferry.
- It can get hot in Savannah but with all the big trees we were in the shade most of the time.
Read Also: Cheap Hotels In Bradenton Florida
Things To See And Do In Nomo
- Dine on tasty dishes at Workshop.
- Dont miss the food and drinks at The Tattooed Moose.
- Eat flavourful American fare at Edmunds Oast.
- Enjoy southern cooking at its finest at Martha Lous Kitchen.
- Feast on delicious Mexican dishes at Santis.
- Grab a sandwich at Butcher & Bee.
- Indulge in tasty barbecue Lewis Barbecue.
- Listen to live music at The Royal American.
- Relax on the rooftop patio at Revelry Brewing.
- Sample a variety of beers at the Cooper River Brewing Company.
- Sip local brews at Tradesman Brewing Company.
- Try Belgian style beers at Munkle Brewing Company.
Best Hotel In Garden City: Iris Garden Inn
The Iris Garden Inn is our top recommendation for where to stay in Garden City because it offers comfortable and clean rooms at a great price. Rooms come complete with air conditioning, a refrigerator, a bathtub and cable/satellite channels. Theres also a swimming pool, luggage storage and gift shop on-site.
Also Check: Best Area To Stay In Mykonos
Things To See And Do In River Street
- Dig into a plate of fresh and delicious seafood at Fiddlers Crab House.
- Enjoy drinks and snacks at lively Wet Willies.
- Explore a collection of historic models and painting at the Ships Of The Sea Maritime Museum.
- Go for a stroll through the Riverfront Plaza.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy an afternoon in Warren Square.
- Rest and relax in beautiful Emmet Park.
- See the 1996 Olympic Yachting Cauldron.
- Snap a pic of the iconic Talmadge Bridge.
- Visit The Waving Girl Statue and learn all about the history and legends surrounding the monument.
Best Airbnb In Garden City: Stunning Deep South Loft
The stunning Airbnb plus isnt just great for nightlife enthusiasts, but also for everyone that appreciates great design. Located in the heart of Downtown, youll have plenty of going out options right in front of your doorstep. And if you dont feel like leaving your home, just enjoy the view of the city from your livingroom window. The unique condominium offers gleaming hardwood floors, exposed brick walls and tall windows that stream with sunlight. Its also one of the best rated Airbnbs in Savannah, so youll be in for a real treat.
Recommended Reading: Bed And Breakfast Winthrop Wa
Leave Plenty Of Time For Food
Eating delicious, delectable southern cuisine is absolutely a highlight of sightseeing in Savannah. Some of Savannahs most popular tourist attractions are restaurants and candy shops!
The food is a huge draw for those visiting Savannah, and because of that, we recommend planning long periods for meals and planning where to eat in advancein a city packed with delicious food, you dont want to accidentally waste a meal on a dud.
Top Places To Stay In Savannah On The Beach
If you want to ditch those history pamphlets for cold drinks and those museum tours for warn sun and sand the Tybee Island is your best option.
This island town has beaches littered up and down the shoreline and you might not have time to visit them all.
To make your life easier, here are the 3 best beaches and what earns them this title.
Also Check: La Cheap Hotel
Is It Safe To Walk In Savannah At Night
Savannah is generally safe during the day, especially in tourist areas and in the city center. However, it is not recommended for walking alone in the city late at night. Always watch your things. Park your car in secure parking lots and always lock it.
Best Airbnb In River Street: Your Own Piece Of Living History
The kids will come back with lifelong memories if you decide to call this property home for your trip to Savannah. Step back in time with this meticulously maintained 18th-century property, but dont feel like youll be missing out on any amenities! If you in town for any of the Citys huge music or film festivals, youll find that theyll be kicking off right outside your front door.
Don’t Miss: Where To Stay In Bologna
Best Airbnb In Charleston: Stylish Loft Condo
This stylish Airbnb in Charlestons Historic Downtown area is directly next door to a number of the districts top bars and restaurants. The loft is ideal for two people, however the host will provide a spare mattress and linens for an extra guest. Its been newly renovated and includes a full kitchen, bathroom, laundry facilities and Wifi.
Best Studio In Nomo: Taste Charleston Lite
This Airbnb in NoMo is conveniently located within walking distance of the best places to visit in Charleston. The studio sleeps up to three guests, and comes complete with modern amenities including Wifi, a smart TV, and a refurbished kitchenette. Theres also a nice porch for enjoying meals in the sunshine.
You May Like: Vrbo Calumet Mi
Is Savannah Georgia A Good Place To Live
Recognized as one of the friendliest cities in the world, Savannah is full of pleasant locals who are known for their affable nature. Maybe its the fact that the cost of living in Savannah is 6% lower than the national average. Or that the median home price is $145,100, which is 4.8% lower than the Georgia average.
Why Tourpass Makes Getting Around Easy
- TourPass includes full admission to the top tours and attractions in Charleston.
- In addition, our mobile pass shows your exact location via interactive maps, so youll never get lost.
- We have a parking garage map and you can also view the free trolley route map from within the Mobile Pass.
- Checkout our Savannah TourPass page to see whats included.
Recommended Reading: Best Places To Stay In Winthrop Wa
Best Hostel In Charleston: Charlestons Notso Hostel
The NotSo Hostel is set in an enclave of double-porched houses and is brimming with history. This hostel offers dorm and private rooms, four kitchens and spotless bathrooms. Its located in the historic center of Charleston, so top attractions are within an easy walk.
Take a look at our Airbnbs in South Carolina post for more Charleston accommodation inspo.
Garden City Where To Stay In Savannah On A Budget
Garden City is a large neighbourhood located in northwestern Savannah. It sits outside of the city centre and is approximately a 30-minute drive away. Offering a seamless blend of residential dwellings and industrial complexes, Garden City is where visitors can enjoy days filled with shopping, dining, relaxing and exploring.
This neighbourhood is our recommendation for where to stay in Savannah if youre ballin on a budget. Hotel prices in the centre can be quite high, so looking outside the city centre in neighbourhoods like Garden City can help you save a lot of money. Because wouldnt you rather spend your hard-earned dollars on sightseeing, dining, and drinking?
You May Like: Where To Stay Near Phoenix