Which Is The Best Area To Stay In St Louis
St Louis is a must-see city if youre traveling along Route 66, with enough there to entertain you for at least a weekend. Recognized for its modern Gateway Arch, the city has retained its rich historical past since being founded by the French back in 1764.
The best area to stay in St Louis is downtown, located right next to the Mississippi River and the Gateway Arch. The other great attraction to visit on foot is the Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the citys baseball team.
If youd like to visit other interesting attractions on the outskirts of town, such as the Forest Park or the Zoo, then you can use the metro , which is easily accessible downtown.
If youre downtown then youll have a ball in St. Louis. The melodious tones of blues and jazz drift along Washington Avenue, and you can choose from more than 300 restaurants and every type of cuisine you can imagine, not to mention all the amazing shopping options.
If youre driving along Route 66, then youll always be able to find downtown hotels that offer parking at a reasonable price.
|BEST LOCATED HOTELS IN ST LOUIS|
These Are The Safest Neighborhoods In St Louis
St. Louis, Missouri, often gets an unfair bad rep in real estate. This city with soul flourishes along the banks of the mighty Mississippi and serves as Americaâs âGateway to the West.â Itâs home to premiere museums, a world-famous zoo, and one of the most successful franchises in major league baseball history, the St. Louis Cardinals.
However, there are some alarming crime statistics associated with the city as well. St. Louis has the highest murder rate per capita in the United States, with 188 homicides in 2015 and comes in at No. 13 of the most dangerous cities in the world by homicide rate.
So who would even want to live there? Well, itâs not what it might seem at first glance.
Reuben At Protzels Deli
Known as one of the last New York-style delis in St. Louis, Protzels does the Big Apple proud by doing the Reuben sandwich right. This old-school spot offers several variations on the iconic sandwich, but the standard pastrami Reuben is a classic for a reason. Hefty slices of Jewish rye bread are slathered with Russian dressing, then piled with pastrami, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese before being grilled into a golden-brown sandwich. The small will satisfy most, but if youre a big eater, go for the medium . And if you want leftovers, order the large .
Dont Miss: Where To Stay In Myrtle Beach With Kids
You May Like: Best Cheap Hotel To Stay In Las Vegas
Where To Stay In St Louis Mo
St. Louis is one of the largest cities in Americas Midwest and the largest city in Missouri. This sprawling metropolis has everything from great food, vibrant nightlife, green spaces, and world-class shopping.
But there is one problem with this city and thats its sheer size. It can be difficult to decide where to stay in St Louis for your first visit or on a return trip. Thats why weve created this St Louis neighborhood guide. It will help you find the perfect place to stay for your trip without breaking the bank.
So, if youre ready to explore St Louis on your next holiday, this is where you should base yourself for your trip.
The Lodge At Grant’s Trail
Just 10 miles from downtown St. Louis, The Lodge at Grants Trail is a peaceful and romantic place to stay for those who want all the action the city has to offer as well as the tranquility of the country. The hunting lodge themed bed and breakfast is located in a massive log cabin, and has vaulted ceilings, stone fireplaces, and lighting fixtures made from antlers. The rooms are comfortable and unique, with cozy and themed furnishings, four poster beds, and plush bedding. In the morning, guests can take advantage of a delicious cooked breakfast, consisting of fruit, a hot entree, pastries, yogurts, and more as well as coffee or tea.
4398 Hoffmeister Ave, St. Louis, MO 63125, Phone: 314-638-3340
You are reading “15 Best Romantic Getaways in St. Louis for Couples” Back to Top
Long weekend getaways with friends near you, weather, best small towns, what should I do in for couples, cheap, with friends, nearby beach, fun things to do near me today: WA, Charleston, New England, Cleveland, San Diego
Also Check: Places To Stay In Manhattan Ny
Best Neighborhood In St Louis For Couples
- COOLEST thing to do in Forest Park Southeast the beer tasting experience at Urban Chestnut is an absolute must-do whilst in the area
- BEST place to visit in Forest Park Southeast head to Manchester Avenue and explore the multiple shopping options
Forest Park Southeast, like its northern neighbour, is a calm part of the city that nevertheless has great connections to the city centre! That being said, it is a little grittier offering some fantastic bars, nightclubs and modern restaurants. This makes it a great choice for couples visiting St Louis.
Known colloquially as the Grove, it does have a bit of a hipster reputation but this just adds to the creative charm of the area! It also provides easy access to Forest Park perfect if you need some time away from the busier attractions.
- Take a street art tour there are plenty of providers operating from the Grove, the neighborhood with the best murals
- Atomic Cowboy is a highly popular nightlife venue in the city with great DJs and even better cocktails
- Confluence Kombucha is a fantastic restaurant if you want some contemporary, and slightly quirky take on popular cuisine
- Head to Rehab for the perfect date night venue they have a huge selection of cocktails to choose from
- If you really just need some hearty American cuisine, you absolutely must visit Laylas Restaurant!
Requirements To Cross The Border From The United States To Canada
When it comes to crossing the border by car an electronic travel authorization or eTA for Canada is not required. Citizens of countries eligible to process this permit only need to show their passports to the border agent to be sealed. However, citizens with nationalities that are not part of the eTA permit may need a visa to enter Canada. If in doubt, consult the Canadian embassy or consulate closest to you.
Once you are at the border with your vehicle, the immigration agent will ask you some basic questions such as:
- What is your nationality?
Once you correctly answer the questions asked by the border agent, he will stamp your passport and let you enter Canada.
If you are entering the Canadian country by bus, train, or boat , you will not need the eTA travel permit either, you will simply be required for your valid foreign documentation.
You May Like: Where To Stay In Netherlands
Best Neighborhood In St Louis For Your First Time
- COOLEST thing to do in Lafayette Square spend an afternoon relaxing in the oldest park in the city, Lafayette Park
- BEST place to visit in Lafayette Square walk along Park Avenue to check out the boutique stores
Lafayette Square is just on the opposite side of the train station from Downtown, and is one of the best neighborhoods if you are new to the city! Whilst fairly central, it has a calm atmosphere and tree-lined streets that make it a great introduction into what makes the city so popular. Simply sit in the park and relax to take in the vibe.
Park Avenue is the main street running through the area and is home to some fantastic, locally-owned boutiques! There are also plenty of great restaurants in the area catering to all price levels. Whilst not the most historic neighborhoods, gated communities provide an interesting insight into 20th Century American history.
Four Seasons St Louis
A rooftop swimming pool and sun deck, a gourmet restaurant and bar with breathtaking views of the city, and a full spa with saunas, treatment rooms, and couples suites are just a few of the amazing amenities that await guests at the Four Seasons. Guest rooms overlook either the city of St. Louis or the majestic Gateway Arch, and each of the 200 rooms offer modern, clean furnishings with pleasant lighting and a relaxing ambience. Suites include private bedrooms, living areas, private bars, and oversized bathrooms. Great for vacations, business trips, weddings, or a romantic weekend getaway, the Four Seasons St. Louis has it all.
999 N 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63102, Phone: 314-881-5800
Where can you get away, beaches near me, luxury tourism, resorts & family weekend hotels to visit around me with kids, outdoor activities, things to do near me, weekend getaways, dinner near me, entertainment, places to go, hiking trails near me: Portland, , Miami, WA, MN, From D.C., Destin, MA, AK, Wilmington, Salem, Labor Day, Botanical Gardens, NYC Without a Car, IL Beaches, Columbus Day, New England, DE, Tacoma, Last Minute, MI, Lakes
Also Check: Best Place To Stay In San Francisco Area
5 Best Areas To Stay In St Louis
So, now you know exactly what to look for while reading, I am going to show you what I believe to be the 5 best areas to stay in St. Louis. I will show you where each is, what it has to offer and who will benefit the most from staying there.
Hopefully, this will give you all the information you need to choose your ideal location.
Best areas to stay in St.Louis map
Best Neighborhood In St Louis For Families
- COOLEST thing to do in Forest Park North hop onboard the streetcar to discover the creativity of the Loop
- BEST place to visit in Forest Park North learn about the citys past at the Missouri History Museum
Forest Park is the largest park in the city, and the neighborhoods to its north are some of the most peaceful in the city! This Forest Park North the ideal spot for families that want a calm and easy-going break in the city. The park itself is also packed with excellent facilities, cafes and museums to keep the kids entertained.
The Loop is a nearby neighborhood that is connected to Forest Park by streetcar. This area is one of the most creative in the city, and makes an excellent excursion for families wanting to discover something a little more alternative, but still very safe!
- St Louis Art Museum is a huge gallery containing pieces spanning millennia and cultures from across the world
- Piccione Pastry is a fantastic dessert shop just north of the park offering cakes, pastries and even gelato!
- If you want some proper food for a family dinner, head to Pi Pizzerie for the best Italian food youll find in Missouri
- Over in the Loop, the Craft Alliance Center of Art and Design is a forward-thinking gallery of up and coming artists
- The St Louis Walk of Fame is also located in the Loop, showcasing the most talented people with connections to the city
Recommended Reading: Best Neighborhoods To Stay In Manhattan
How To Take My Pet From The Us To Canada By Plane
Some airlines that fly from the U.S to Canada, such as Air Canada, allow their passengers to travel with a dog or cat in the cabin, as long as:
- The animal weighs 10 kg or less .
- It is in a cage with the following maximum measurements : 23 cm high, 40 cm wide and 55 cm long.
- Alternatively, it can travel in a bag with the following dimensions : 27 cm in height, 40 cm in width and 55 cm in length.
- Be at least 3 months old .
- The pet must remain in its closed carrier cage under its seat.
- The traveler must arrive at the airport an additional 30 minutes before their flight check-in time, and they cannot check-in online or at the airport self-service terminals.
The cost of flying your pet from the U.S to Canada in the cabin is between $100 and $125 Canadian dollars depending on the itinerary.
In other situations, it is mandatory for the pet to travel in the trunk, such as:
- The traveler is a minor traveling without an adult.
- Your seat is in the exit or window row.
- The traveler needs to use a medical device that must be stored under the seat during the flight.
If your pet has to be transported in the trunk, it will go within the same flight, with the following conditions:
- Maximum weight up to 32 kg.
- Appropriate cage with 292 linear cm .
The cost of traveling with a pet in the trunk of the plane usually exceeds $200 Canadian dollars .
SEE ALSO: The most visited cities in Canada
Work With Trek Travel And Travel The World By Bicycle
Trek Travel, a world leader in the specialized bicycle travel sector, is continually looking for people for its work team. You need professionals who love bicycles, who like working with people, and of course, traveling.
Most bicycle trips take place in North America, Europe, Asia / Pacific, and Central America. They tend to take place more frequently in the season that runs from March to October, however, this will depend on the country where the trips are made.
Regarding the requirements, it is normally required to possess certain mechanical knowledge . Another of the fundamental requirements will be the knowledge of languages, especially English, Italian and Spanish.
To learn more about the opportunities available to work and travel by bicycle around the world, you must access the Trek Travel employment website.
Dont waste any more time, if your passion is traveling and cycling, this is the job you were looking for.
SEE ALSO: Express entry Canada: How to apply
Read Also: Where To Stay In Izmir
Best Airbnb In St Louis Unique Carriage House
Unique Carriage House is the best Airbnb in St Louis
This studio is ideal when youre trying to decide where to stay in St Louis for families as it fits up to five guests. Its a fun and bright space that has a shared patio and garden, great for kids. Youll have the entire guest suite to yourself and it has an open floor plan, games, local artwork, and plants to make your stay more colorful.
Things To See And Do In Forest Park
- Browse an incredible collection of art and artefacts spanning five millennia at the Saint Louis Art Museum.
- Delve deep into the history of the city and the state at The Missouri History Museum.
- Learn all about science and technology at the St. Louis Science Center.
- Pack a picnic and spend an afternoon enjoying the lush landscapes and glistening waterways of Forest Park.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Piccione Pastry.
- See more than 18,000 animals from around the world, including lions, penguins and giraffes, at the Saint Louis Zoo.
- Sink your teeth into a tasty slice at Pi Pizzeria.
- Snack on flavourful tacos at Mission Taco Joint.
You May Like: Best Places To Stay In Bologna Italy
Things To See And Do In The Grove
- Drink, dance and enjoy a great night out at Atomic Cowboy.
- Enjoy a unique and delicious dining experience at Confluence Kombucha.
- Excite your taste buds with a delicious Indian feast at Everest Café and Bar.
- Grab a pint and enjoy an afternoon on the patio at Just John.
- Indulge in delicious American fare at Layla.
- Sample beers from Germany, America and around the world at Urban Chestnut Brewing Company.
- Savour flavourful dishes at Sameem Afghan Restaurant.
- Sip cocktails at Rehab.
Where To Stay In St Louis For Luxury
If creature comforts, superb service, and a touch of class are your top priorities in choosing a hotel, St. Louis can oblige. The elegant Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis has all the expected facilities and amenities of a deluxe hotel: a beautiful pool and terrace area a well-equipped fitness center and workout room a spa and rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, so you can enjoy views of the arch and sweeping downtown and river vistas.
Large guest rooms are furnished for comfort as well as style, with roomy arm chairs, cushy sofas, and spacious baths with deep tubs.
Service includes nightly turndown and thoughtful details like multiple luggage racks and providing child-sized robes for young guests. The location is minutes from the business district, The Dome at America’s Center sports stadium, Gateway Arch, and the National Blues Museum.
In quiet surroundings west ofForest Park, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis is close to a Metrolink station on a direct line to the riverside and downtown areas. Forest Park’s art and natural history museums, the zoo, and The Muni theater are all nearby in the lovely green space. The hotel is the picture of elegance, with glamorous chandeliers and walls of marble and deep-toned woods.
Suites are lavishly furnished in styles varying from classic elegance to chic contemporary. Bathrooms are sheathed in marble, and some suites have fireplaces and outside balconies with views of Forest Park andGateway Arch.
Recommended Reading: Best Places To Stay In Berkeley Ca
Downtown Best Area To Stay In St Louis For Nightlife
In addition to being the cultural, business, and tourist hub of the city, Downtown is also our pick for where to stay in St. Louis if youre looking for the best nightlife.
Cosy cafes, world-class restaurants, chill pubs, lively bars, and secret speakeasies are just a few of the things that make this neighbourhood the citys premier nightlife destination. No matter what you want, youll find something to pique your interest in the downtown neighbourhood.